What to check out this week
WEARWhat size are you? It's hard to say, right? You could be a medium, or an 8. You could be a 12 or an extra large (especially after the holidays). A New York manufacturer, Rebecca & Drew, simp...
Holiday time is all about random snacking -- at relatives' homes, on the airplane, by the tree. But resist the urge to grab at the bag of chips; there's something more wholesome out there. Crispy Green's Crispy Fruit snacks do a body good. Made of 100 percent freeze-dried fruit, they come in five flavors -- apples (yum), Asian pears, bananas, pineapples and mangoes. If you're watching your food intake, a bag of these crunchers ($1.49) is only around 50 calories. Grab & Go Six-pack is $7.99. The Fresh Market, www.crispygreen.com .
Season 5 of Dexter just wrapped -- boo hoo -- but you can still get your fill of the serial killer with a heart of gold every time you imbibe. Showtime has these superthick pint glasses with a spatter of blood to remind you of the Miami man on a mission. An individual glass, $9.95, or set of four, $34.99, make a great present for beer-drinking Dex-heads; showtime.seenon.com.
Looking for a wine with pedigree? Trust the Antinoris, they've been doing this a while -- since 1385, in fact. The Italian company is still family owned, putting out some of the best vino on the planet from primo Tuscan grapes. A top seller -- and dependable, affordable gift -- is the 2005 Chianti Classico Riserva ($35), with notes of vanilla and chocolate. Tie on a bow and you're done. www.antinori.it.
On Our Radar
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday