What to check out this week
SEE Yes, they're genetically superior. They're also really good actors who should have been paired up long ago. In The Tourist, out Friday, Johnny Depp plays an American who travels to Ital...
Here's a new fragrance that hits close to home: Michael Kors' Palm Beach. The designer says he is a big fan of the area and found inspiration for the bottle's color in the palm trees. ``It is the closest thing America has to Capri,'' he says of Palm Beach. ``And one of the few places left on Earth where a jeweled bikini is considered a basic.'' The scent -- the fifth in the Island series -- is breezy, juicy and, yes, jet-setty. $62, michaelkors.com .
Looking for a unique gift? It's doesn't get much more unique than do-it-yourself clothes. C BY ME is a store where customers are the designers -- decorating and personalizing their own clothing and accessories on the spot. CBM supplies the materials -- basics like Ts, leggings, robes and shorts as well as details (rhinestones, patches, stamps, stencils and more). Kids love this sort of thing (keeps 'em busy, too). 18673 W. Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, 305-932-8118, cbyme.com.
Need to add a little sparkle to the holiday season? Glimmer fits the bill. It's the vodka company's new limited-edition offering that just screams festive. The concept, they say, was to make the bottle mimic the look of classically cut crystal so that each angle reacts to the light. Glimmer's signature cocktail is The Crystal Clear: vodka with, you guessed it, sparkling water. On shelves through December; from $19.99.
-- MADDY MARR
On Our Radar
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht
- Erasure kicks off its world tour at The Fillmore
- Bon Jovi rocker Tico Torres a SoBe fixture
- Antonio Banderas has a ball in Miami, celebrates birthday
- Artist Shepard Fairey talks Hennessy bottle design in Wynwood
- New Miami Heat players spotted around town
- Robin Williams mourned at South Beach hotel
- Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders reveal 2015 swimsuit calendar at LIV nightclub