What to check out this week
SEE Yes, they're genetically superior. They're also really good actors who should have been paired up long ago. In The Tourist, out Friday, Johnny Depp plays an American who travels to Ital...
Here's a new fragrance that hits close to home: Michael Kors' Palm Beach. The designer says he is a big fan of the area and found inspiration for the bottle's color in the palm trees. ``It is the closest thing America has to Capri,'' he says of Palm Beach. ``And one of the few places left on Earth where a jeweled bikini is considered a basic.'' The scent -- the fifth in the Island series -- is breezy, juicy and, yes, jet-setty. $62, michaelkors.com .
Looking for a unique gift? It's doesn't get much more unique than do-it-yourself clothes. C BY ME is a store where customers are the designers -- decorating and personalizing their own clothing and accessories on the spot. CBM supplies the materials -- basics like Ts, leggings, robes and shorts as well as details (rhinestones, patches, stamps, stencils and more). Kids love this sort of thing (keeps 'em busy, too). 18673 W. Dixie Highway, North Miami Beach, 305-932-8118, cbyme.com.
Need to add a little sparkle to the holiday season? Glimmer fits the bill. It's the vodka company's new limited-edition offering that just screams festive. The concept, they say, was to make the bottle mimic the look of classically cut crystal so that each angle reacts to the light. Glimmer's signature cocktail is The Crystal Clear: vodka with, you guessed it, sparkling water. On shelves through December; from $19.99.
-- MADDY MARR
On Our Radar
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel
- Kourtney Kardashian in Miami with Scott Disick
- Kanye West's five weirdest (and greatest) stories of 2016 (so far)