What to check out this week
TRY How do suddenly single celebrities like Courteney Cox pamper themselves on Valentine's Day? They scoop up natural smelling, yummy products by Thymes. The latest collection: Kimono Rose, wit...
It's really a shame our economy's in the tank because there are so many shopping temptations out there. The latest is the loft-like ETC boutique, 1628 Jefferson Ave., Miami Beach. Argentina native Monica Kalpakian brings us a finely edited collection of luxury home goods and handcrafted jewelry. It's a great place to pop in for little gifts like picture frames, pitchers, bowls, candlesticks, cutlery and fur throws. Cool vintage stuff, too.
Considering he may be the most enduring of Hollywood movie stars, Humphrey Bogart sure didn't look the part. Even fourth wife Lauren Bacall picked up on it in The Big Sleep, telling her hubby, ``You're a mess, aren't you?'' How Bogie transformed himself into a star to be reckoned with -- and how he became even a bigger star after his death in 1957 at 57 -- is Stefan Kanfer's focus in Tough Without a Gun (Knopf). A must for all Bogie-Bacall romantics.
Whatever your sign, today's horoscope calls for you to treat yourself to a SEAH Destiny bracelet, jewelry aligned with the stars. The two-strap luxury bracelets feature groups of gold and steel zodiac signs that represent the fire, water, air and earth elements -- also the highlight of the SEAH watch collection (and sported by Helen Hunt, Kelly Rowland and Rose McGowan). The three-strap version celebrates the seasons. The bracelet line comes in a rainbow of colors including Moonlight White, Caribbean Sand and Sunset Orange. $250 to $325; www.seahwatches.com.
On Our Radar
- Are Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie coming to Art Basel?
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'