What to check out this week
TRY How do suddenly single celebrities like Courteney Cox pamper themselves on Valentine's Day? They scoop up natural smelling, yummy products by Thymes. The latest collection: Kimono Rose, wit...
It's really a shame our economy's in the tank because there are so many shopping temptations out there. The latest is the loft-like ETC boutique, 1628 Jefferson Ave., Miami Beach. Argentina native Monica Kalpakian brings us a finely edited collection of luxury home goods and handcrafted jewelry. It's a great place to pop in for little gifts like picture frames, pitchers, bowls, candlesticks, cutlery and fur throws. Cool vintage stuff, too.
Considering he may be the most enduring of Hollywood movie stars, Humphrey Bogart sure didn't look the part. Even fourth wife Lauren Bacall picked up on it in The Big Sleep, telling her hubby, ``You're a mess, aren't you?'' How Bogie transformed himself into a star to be reckoned with -- and how he became even a bigger star after his death in 1957 at 57 -- is Stefan Kanfer's focus in Tough Without a Gun (Knopf). A must for all Bogie-Bacall romantics.
Whatever your sign, today's horoscope calls for you to treat yourself to a SEAH Destiny bracelet, jewelry aligned with the stars. The two-strap luxury bracelets feature groups of gold and steel zodiac signs that represent the fire, water, air and earth elements -- also the highlight of the SEAH watch collection (and sported by Helen Hunt, Kelly Rowland and Rose McGowan). The three-strap version celebrates the seasons. The bracelet line comes in a rainbow of colors including Moonlight White, Caribbean Sand and Sunset Orange. $250 to $325; www.seahwatches.com.
On Our Radar
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey
- Phil Collins: 'I don’t like Miami particularly'
- DJ Irie gets put in the hot seat this Saturday at his own celebrity roast
- King Tide floods the streets of South Florida
- Jose Fernandez may get his own Miami street
- Orange is the New Black star gets her drink on