What to check out this week
TRY How do suddenly single celebrities like Courteney Cox pamper themselves on Valentine's Day? They scoop up natural smelling, yummy products by Thymes. The latest collection: Kimono Rose, wit...
It's really a shame our economy's in the tank because there are so many shopping temptations out there. The latest is the loft-like ETC boutique, 1628 Jefferson Ave., Miami Beach. Argentina native Monica Kalpakian brings us a finely edited collection of luxury home goods and handcrafted jewelry. It's a great place to pop in for little gifts like picture frames, pitchers, bowls, candlesticks, cutlery and fur throws. Cool vintage stuff, too.
Considering he may be the most enduring of Hollywood movie stars, Humphrey Bogart sure didn't look the part. Even fourth wife Lauren Bacall picked up on it in The Big Sleep, telling her hubby, ``You're a mess, aren't you?'' How Bogie transformed himself into a star to be reckoned with -- and how he became even a bigger star after his death in 1957 at 57 -- is Stefan Kanfer's focus in Tough Without a Gun (Knopf). A must for all Bogie-Bacall romantics.
Whatever your sign, today's horoscope calls for you to treat yourself to a SEAH Destiny bracelet, jewelry aligned with the stars. The two-strap luxury bracelets feature groups of gold and steel zodiac signs that represent the fire, water, air and earth elements -- also the highlight of the SEAH watch collection (and sported by Helen Hunt, Kelly Rowland and Rose McGowan). The three-strap version celebrates the seasons. The bracelet line comes in a rainbow of colors including Moonlight White, Caribbean Sand and Sunset Orange. $250 to $325; www.seahwatches.com.
On Our Radar
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out
- Austin Mahone celebrates 18th birthday
- Miracle Myles: Myles Chefetz's South of Fifth takeover continues with Prime Private
- Fashion designer Ariana Rockefeller at Alene Too
- Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
- Mayim Bialik is a geek and plays one on TV