What to check out this week
DRINKIt's officially holiday season. You know what that means: serious imbibing. Try something new -- Vida Tequila. Produced and bottled in the los Altos de Jalisco region of Mexico, the Blanco ...
OK, so the week after Thanksgiving is probably not the best time to go jean shopping, but if you're in the market for a pair, Genetic Denim may just have the coolest styles we've seen in a while. A favorite of celebs like Jessica Biehl, Anna Paquin and Emily Blunt, Genetics fit your legs like gloves. Our fave: the Shane, dark-blue jeggings that are more comfortable than sweat pants. If you indulged on Turkey Day, no one has to know. Just wear a blousy top for camouflage. Go to www.geneticdenim.com for a super cool fit guide. Available at Hip.e Boutique, 359 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables.
In the mood for some entertainment? A new talk show is debuting Friday with guests the likes of Jack Black, Regis Philbin, Taylor Swift and Randy Jackson. Dave Letterman should be so lucky. But this time the hosts are a pair of stepbrothers known to everyone under 9 years old. Phineas and Ferb are emceeing this revolutionary animated/live-action show that allows its guests two minutes to be funnier and brighter than they ever were on The Larry Sanders Show. Take Two With Phineas and Ferb airs on the Disney Channel and Disney XD.
The Standard Spa, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach, is always a solid bet for lounging, spirits and tracks. Now, the literary set, Wallpaper fans and boutique shoppers have a place to go with the opening of the Florida outpost of OHWOW at the hotel. The store, which already has a spot in New York's West Village, offers a curated collection of art books, accessories, jewelry -- the bounty of a community of artists who design custom products along with exhibiting work. The artist roster includes Tim Barber, Scott Campbell and Agathe Snow.
Architect Rafael de Cárdenas fashioned the space in a quietly chic palette of glossy white and pops of turquoise. Doors open Wednesday.
-- AUDRA D.S. BURCH,
AND MADDY MARR
On Our Radar
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision