Weezer ready to rock Hard Rock
It's Weezer time at the Hard Rock! Fans can expect to hear the band's commercially successful debut self-titled album (commonly known as "The Blue Album") and follow-up "Pinkerton" in the mid-90s. We spoke to drummer Pat Wilson:
How was the “Weezer” Cruise”?
As it turns out, being my first cruise, i was told by regular cruise-goers that it was about as smooth as it gets. Personally, it was like being on a boat where every single person wants to buy you a beer.
Whose idea was the “The Blue Album” and “Pinkerton” Memories Shows?
I am not sure but its a nice trend for concert goers.
Are you playing songs from any other records at the “The Blue Album” and “Pinkerton” Memories Shows?
Oh yes, the other half of the set has lots of stuff. I thought we could do a memories show for Duran Duran's Rio.
Any plans for the next Weezer album?
To quote, poorly, Woody Allen: Right now there is a notion, if we get some funding we hope to get it to an idea and from there to a concept.
What have you been listening to lately? What’s on your iPod?
Genesis, Van Halen, Panda Bear, First Wave, Vince Guaraldi, Bach
Is there any new music or bands you’ve been listening to?
I like to listen to people doing synthesizer demos on youtube.
On Our Radar
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook