Weezer ready to rock Hard Rock
It's Weezer time at the Hard Rock! Fans can expect to hear the band's commercially successful debut self-titled album (commonly known as "The Blue Album") and follow-up "Pinkerton" in the mid-90s. We spoke to drummer Pat Wilson:
How was the “Weezer” Cruise”?
As it turns out, being my first cruise, i was told by regular cruise-goers that it was about as smooth as it gets. Personally, it was like being on a boat where every single person wants to buy you a beer.
Whose idea was the “The Blue Album” and “Pinkerton” Memories Shows?
I am not sure but its a nice trend for concert goers.
Are you playing songs from any other records at the “The Blue Album” and “Pinkerton” Memories Shows?
Oh yes, the other half of the set has lots of stuff. I thought we could do a memories show for Duran Duran's Rio.
Any plans for the next Weezer album?
To quote, poorly, Woody Allen: Right now there is a notion, if we get some funding we hope to get it to an idea and from there to a concept.
What have you been listening to lately? What’s on your iPod?
Genesis, Van Halen, Panda Bear, First Wave, Vince Guaraldi, Bach
Is there any new music or bands you’ve been listening to?
I like to listen to people doing synthesizer demos on youtube.
On Our Radar
- Kesley Grammer and wife spotted in Miami Beach
- Enrique Iglesias faces misdemeanor charges
- Jason Derulo talks new album, influences
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo spotted at W Hotel
- Magic Mike XXL stars at Miami Walk of Fame ceremony
- Irie Weekend a success
- Report: Prince Royce needs to pay up
- Real Housewives couple sue