Weezer ready to rock Hard Rock
It's Weezer time at the Hard Rock! Fans can expect to hear the band's commercially successful debut self-titled album (commonly known as "The Blue Album") and follow-up "Pinkerton" in the mid-90s. We spoke to drummer Pat Wilson:
How was the “Weezer” Cruise”?
As it turns out, being my first cruise, i was told by regular cruise-goers that it was about as smooth as it gets. Personally, it was like being on a boat where every single person wants to buy you a beer.
Whose idea was the “The Blue Album” and “Pinkerton” Memories Shows?
I am not sure but its a nice trend for concert goers.
Are you playing songs from any other records at the “The Blue Album” and “Pinkerton” Memories Shows?
Oh yes, the other half of the set has lots of stuff. I thought we could do a memories show for Duran Duran's Rio.
Any plans for the next Weezer album?
To quote, poorly, Woody Allen: Right now there is a notion, if we get some funding we hope to get it to an idea and from there to a concept.
What have you been listening to lately? What’s on your iPod?
Genesis, Van Halen, Panda Bear, First Wave, Vince Guaraldi, Bach
Is there any new music or bands you’ve been listening to?
I like to listen to people doing synthesizer demos on youtube.
On Our Radar
- Attend a Miami Vice discussion
- The Music of Miami Vice
- Miami Vice Quiz
- Which Miami Vice Detective Are You?
- Miami Vice Revisited - An Interactive Map
- Two local sisters compete on Amazing Race
- Talking to Bernice, 'South Beach Tow' fan favorite
- Celebrity spotting: NFL player and beauty queen
- Chris Bosh gets second mortgage on his house
- Breakout Boca singer Ariana Grande heading to AAA