Weekly Ticket - July 27-July 30
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 27
2008 work follows young artists all connected to punk, skateboarding and street art culture.
Details: 8 p.m. at The Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach;
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 28
New York band blends punk, dub and Gypsy music into a pulsing, delirious party onstage.
Details: 8 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale;
954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $19.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
THIS SHOW'S NO DRAG
Androgynous MySpace phenomenon mixes campy dance beats with a fierce stage presence.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale;
954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 30
Russian-born jazz pianist, who is now 22 but was discovered at age 9, has recorded three albums for Sony Classical. Last year's "Re-Imagination" was nominated for a Grammy for Best Contemporary Jazz Album.
Details: 8 p.m at Coral Gables Congregational Church, 3010 De Soto Blvd.;
305-448-7421 or www.communityartsprogram.org; $25-$40.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Get to Lunch Break at Bardot on Friday for a midday dance party in Miami
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Aug. 21-23
- Boozy brunches, dinner parties, rappers and night swimming
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Segafredo Brickell
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara
- Legendary The Do-Over Miami party arrives on Sunday!