Weekly Ticket - July 27-July 30
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 27
2008 work follows young artists all connected to punk, skateboarding and street art culture.
Details: 8 p.m. at The Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach;
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 28
New York band blends punk, dub and Gypsy music into a pulsing, delirious party onstage.
Details: 8 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale;
954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $19.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
THIS SHOW'S NO DRAG
Androgynous MySpace phenomenon mixes campy dance beats with a fierce stage presence.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale;
954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 30
Russian-born jazz pianist, who is now 22 but was discovered at age 9, has recorded three albums for Sony Classical. Last year's "Re-Imagination" was nominated for a Grammy for Best Contemporary Jazz Album.
Details: 8 p.m at Coral Gables Congregational Church, 3010 De Soto Blvd.;
305-448-7421 or www.communityartsprogram.org; $25-$40.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Go Drink This: Deal Closer
- FDR & Electric Pickle Anniversary Bashes, Battioke, Rolling Loud & Fools' Paradise at Churchill's
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Wynwood's Electric Pickle turns 6, throws weekend-long anniversary bash
- French house, condo cinema, food, drink and fests!
- Wynwood's new piano bar pops up at Cafeina on Thursday nights
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- 'French Tuesdays' returns to South Beach nightlife
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Basement Miami introduces weekly party for Hump Day enthusiasts and hip hop aficionados