Weekly Ticket - July 27-July 30
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 27
2008 work follows young artists all connected to punk, skateboarding and street art culture.
Details: 8 p.m. at The Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach;
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 28
New York band blends punk, dub and Gypsy music into a pulsing, delirious party onstage.
Details: 8 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale;
954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $19.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
THIS SHOW'S NO DRAG
Androgynous MySpace phenomenon mixes campy dance beats with a fierce stage presence.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale;
954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 30
Russian-born jazz pianist, who is now 22 but was discovered at age 9, has recorded three albums for Sony Classical. Last year's "Re-Imagination" was nominated for a Grammy for Best Contemporary Jazz Album.
Details: 8 p.m at Coral Gables Congregational Church, 3010 De Soto Blvd.;
305-448-7421 or www.communityartsprogram.org; $25-$40.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator
- Spooky, boozy, cool: Halloween week in Miami and beyond