Weekly Ticket - July 27-July 30
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 27
2008 work follows young artists all connected to punk, skateboarding and street art culture.
Details: 8 p.m. at The Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach;
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 28
New York band blends punk, dub and Gypsy music into a pulsing, delirious party onstage.
Details: 8 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale;
954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $19.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 29
THIS SHOW'S NO DRAG
Androgynous MySpace phenomenon mixes campy dance beats with a fierce stage presence.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale;
954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $12.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 30
Russian-born jazz pianist, who is now 22 but was discovered at age 9, has recorded three albums for Sony Classical. Last year's "Re-Imagination" was nominated for a Grammy for Best Contemporary Jazz Album.
Details: 8 p.m at Coral Gables Congregational Church, 3010 De Soto Blvd.;
305-448-7421 or www.communityartsprogram.org; $25-$40.
-- Mike Hamersly
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Go Drink This: Piña Colada Old Fashioned
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 10-12
- Velvet Underground: A weird Miami bus tour and an AstroJam highlight the weekend
- Go Drink This: Down the Rabbit Hole
- A curated guide to III Points festival in Wynwood
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Oct. 3 - 5
- Go Drink This: Smoky Negroni
- Sneak Peek: Blackbird Ordinary in Brickell unveils new cocktail menu
- Velvet Underground: Mansion nightclub opens 'Cocktails and Dreams' and Craft Spirits Festival kicks off in Coconut Grove