Weekly Ticket - 7/13 through 7/16
Here are some ideas on what you could be doing this week.
For Monday, July 13
ALL THAT JAZZ
THE P-LO PROJECT
The P-Lo Project offers an evening of jazz, Latin and smooth jazz to unwind after a busy weekend. Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach; 305-534-3600.
For Tuesday, July 14
Stop debating on whether it's real or not: If you love watching culturally acceptable 'roid rage, World Wrestling Entertainment is for you.
Details: 6:45 p.m. at AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-777-1000; $20-$75.
For Wednesday, July 15
Miami DJ and longtime resident at Space blends his tribal beats with traditional Cuban music.
Details: 10 p.m. at Hoy Como Ayer, 2212 SW Eighth St., Miami; 305-541-2631; $7.
For Thursday, July 15
Local Latin funk fusion band, named "Best Latin Band" by New Times' Best of Miami list this year, performs two sets.
Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9372 or www.jazid.net; no cover.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital