Weekly Ticket - 9/7 through 9/10
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMEBER 7
COLLEGE FOOTBALL KICKOFF
MIAMI-FSU WATCH PARTY
Can't make it to Tallahassee to see Jacory Harris and the Canes take on the 'Noles? Munch on half-price tacos in the Grove to watch the game with fellow orange-and-green-clad fans.
Details: Gametime is 8 p.m.; but happy hour specials end at 7; Sandbar Grill, 3064 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; 305-444-5270 or www.sandbargrove.com; no cover.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
FEEL THE BEAT
Electro-funk duo features dynamic singer Cuci Amador and keyboardist Tony Smurfio.
Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9342 or www.jazid.net; free.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMEBER 9
NEVER BEING BORING
PET SHOP BOYS
British dance-pop duo performs hits including "West End Girls," "It's a Sin" and "Domino Dancing," plus tracks from the new album "Yes."
Details: 8 p.m. at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-7300 or LiveNation.com; $36.50-$76.50.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10
COFFEE HOUSE GYPSIES
Five-piece band mixes alt-pop and folk.
Details: 9:45 p.m. at Uva Restaurant & Lounge, 2626 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-476-8111 or www.uvanights.com; $5.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival