Weekly Ticket - 9/7 through 9/10
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMEBER 7
COLLEGE FOOTBALL KICKOFF
MIAMI-FSU WATCH PARTY
Can't make it to Tallahassee to see Jacory Harris and the Canes take on the 'Noles? Munch on half-price tacos in the Grove to watch the game with fellow orange-and-green-clad fans.
Details: Gametime is 8 p.m.; but happy hour specials end at 7; Sandbar Grill, 3064 Grand Ave., Coconut Grove; 305-444-5270 or www.sandbargrove.com; no cover.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 8
FEEL THE BEAT
Electro-funk duo features dynamic singer Cuci Amador and keyboardist Tony Smurfio.
Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9342 or www.jazid.net; free.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMEBER 9
NEVER BEING BORING
PET SHOP BOYS
British dance-pop duo performs hits including "West End Girls," "It's a Sin" and "Domino Dancing," plus tracks from the new album "Yes."
Details: 8 p.m. at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theater, 1700 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-7300 or LiveNation.com; $36.50-$76.50.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 10
COFFEE HOUSE GYPSIES
Five-piece band mixes alt-pop and folk.
Details: 9:45 p.m. at Uva Restaurant & Lounge, 2626 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; 305-476-8111 or www.uvanights.com; $5.
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series