Weekly Ticket - 9/21 through 9/24
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
Local troubador whose side gig is writing jingles for ads by the likes of McDonald's and Cocoa Puffs mixes original tunes with jazz, blues and rock classics.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
Urban comedy showcase features national acts; hosted by 99.1 Jamz's Benji Brown.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Miami Improv, 3390 Mary St., #182, Coconut Grove; 305-441-8200 or www.miamiimprov.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
SHEILA ELIAS & STAN SLUTSKY
See Elias' "Dream I Had While Awake" and Slutsky's "Four Spheres," plus more works from the pair.
Details: 10 a.m-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, running through Dec. 12, at the Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855 Coral Springs Dr.; 954-340-5000 or www.csmart.org; free on Wednesdays, $5 otherwise.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
Clearwater garage rock band, the side project of Underoath drummer/vocalist Aaron Gillespie, takes the stage in support of its sophomore album "Monster Monster." Opening acts: This Providence, Anarbor and The Dares.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $13.
- Five nightclubs for ages 18 and up
- Events in Miami this weekend - Dec. 2-4
- Post-Thanksgiving events in Miami this week - Nov. 25-27
- What to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 18-20
- DJ Paul van Dyk had to learn to walk again after falling from stage. Now, he's playing Miami
- Art Basel parties you can actually get into
- Don't miss these concerts, festivals and events in Miami this weekend - Nov. 11-13
- How to drop $500K on New Year’s Eve in Miami without even trying
- New club in Miami hosts grand opening with performance by Bomba Estéreo
- DJ Le Spam teams up with the New World Symphony for Pulse