Weekly Ticket - 9/21 through 9/24
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
Local troubador whose side gig is writing jingles for ads by the likes of McDonald's and Cocoa Puffs mixes original tunes with jazz, blues and rock classics.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
Urban comedy showcase features national acts; hosted by 99.1 Jamz's Benji Brown.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Miami Improv, 3390 Mary St., #182, Coconut Grove; 305-441-8200 or www.miamiimprov.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
SHEILA ELIAS & STAN SLUTSKY
See Elias' "Dream I Had While Awake" and Slutsky's "Four Spheres," plus more works from the pair.
Details: 10 a.m-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, running through Dec. 12, at the Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855 Coral Springs Dr.; 954-340-5000 or www.csmart.org; free on Wednesdays, $5 otherwise.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
Clearwater garage rock band, the side project of Underoath drummer/vocalist Aaron Gillespie, takes the stage in support of its sophomore album "Monster Monster." Opening acts: This Providence, Anarbor and The Dares.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $13.
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Wynwood's Electric Pickle turns 6, throws weekend-long anniversary bash
- French house, condo cinema, food, drink and fests!
- Wynwood's new piano bar pops up at Cafeina on Thursday nights
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- 'French Tuesdays' returns to South Beach nightlife
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Basement Miami introduces weekly party for Hump Day enthusiasts and hip hop aficionados
- From Brooklyn to Wynwood: The Greatest Day Ever comes to Miami in May
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff