Weekly Ticket - 9/21 through 9/24
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
Local troubador whose side gig is writing jingles for ads by the likes of McDonald's and Cocoa Puffs mixes original tunes with jazz, blues and rock classics.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
Urban comedy showcase features national acts; hosted by 99.1 Jamz's Benji Brown.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Miami Improv, 3390 Mary St., #182, Coconut Grove; 305-441-8200 or www.miamiimprov.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
SHEILA ELIAS & STAN SLUTSKY
See Elias' "Dream I Had While Awake" and Slutsky's "Four Spheres," plus more works from the pair.
Details: 10 a.m-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, running through Dec. 12, at the Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855 Coral Springs Dr.; 954-340-5000 or www.csmart.org; free on Wednesdays, $5 otherwise.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
Clearwater garage rock band, the side project of Underoath drummer/vocalist Aaron Gillespie, takes the stage in support of its sophomore album "Monster Monster." Opening acts: This Providence, Anarbor and The Dares.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $13.
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator