Weekly Ticket - 9/21 through 9/24
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 21
Local troubador whose side gig is writing jingles for ads by the likes of McDonald's and Cocoa Puffs mixes original tunes with jazz, blues and rock classics.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 22
Urban comedy showcase features national acts; hosted by 99.1 Jamz's Benji Brown.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Miami Improv, 3390 Mary St., #182, Coconut Grove; 305-441-8200 or www.miamiimprov.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 23
SHEILA ELIAS & STAN SLUTSKY
See Elias' "Dream I Had While Awake" and Slutsky's "Four Spheres," plus more works from the pair.
Details: 10 a.m-5 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Thursday, running through Dec. 12, at the Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855 Coral Springs Dr.; 954-340-5000 or www.csmart.org; free on Wednesdays, $5 otherwise.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 24
Clearwater garage rock band, the side project of Underoath drummer/vocalist Aaron Gillespie, takes the stage in support of its sophomore album "Monster Monster." Opening acts: This Providence, Anarbor and The Dares.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $13.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Armin Van Buuren leaves his mark at Miami Music Week 2014