Weekly Ticket - 9/15 through 9/17
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
AT THE HOP
"SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE"
Love oldies? Don't miss this jukebox musical, which takes a two-hour tour through legendary songwriting duo Lieber and Stoller's hits, including "Hound Dog," "Stand By Me" and "Love Potion No. 9."
Details: 8 p.m., running through Friday at the University of Miami's Ring Theatre, 1312 Miller Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-3355; $10-$18.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
THAT DARKWAVE SOUND
SHE WANTS REVENGE
California band channels the Gothic sound of Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division, with a dance groove.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
Dubstep hero from the U.K. gets your feet moving.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Vagabond, 30 NE 14th St., Miami; 305-379-0508 or www.thevagabondmiami.com; $7.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 25-27
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday