Weekly Ticket - 9/15 through 9/17
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
AT THE HOP
"SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE"
Love oldies? Don't miss this jukebox musical, which takes a two-hour tour through legendary songwriting duo Lieber and Stoller's hits, including "Hound Dog," "Stand By Me" and "Love Potion No. 9."
Details: 8 p.m., running through Friday at the University of Miami's Ring Theatre, 1312 Miller Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-3355; $10-$18.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
THAT DARKWAVE SOUND
SHE WANTS REVENGE
California band channels the Gothic sound of Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division, with a dance groove.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
Dubstep hero from the U.K. gets your feet moving.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Vagabond, 30 NE 14th St., Miami; 305-379-0508 or www.thevagabondmiami.com; $7.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival