Weekly Ticket - 9/15 through 9/17
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
AT THE HOP
"SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE"
Love oldies? Don't miss this jukebox musical, which takes a two-hour tour through legendary songwriting duo Lieber and Stoller's hits, including "Hound Dog," "Stand By Me" and "Love Potion No. 9."
Details: 8 p.m., running through Friday at the University of Miami's Ring Theatre, 1312 Miller Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-3355; $10-$18.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
THAT DARKWAVE SOUND
SHE WANTS REVENGE
California band channels the Gothic sound of Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division, with a dance groove.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
Dubstep hero from the U.K. gets your feet moving.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Vagabond, 30 NE 14th St., Miami; 305-379-0508 or www.thevagabondmiami.com; $7.
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Wynwood's Electric Pickle turns 6, throws weekend-long anniversary bash
- French house, condo cinema, food, drink and fests!
- Wynwood's new piano bar pops up at Cafeina on Thursday nights
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- 'French Tuesdays' returns to South Beach nightlife
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Basement Miami introduces weekly party for Hump Day enthusiasts and hip hop aficionados
- From Brooklyn to Wynwood: The Greatest Day Ever comes to Miami in May
- Go Drink This: I Rock Ruff & Stuff