Weekly Ticket - 9/15 through 9/17
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 15
AT THE HOP
"SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE"
Love oldies? Don't miss this jukebox musical, which takes a two-hour tour through legendary songwriting duo Lieber and Stoller's hits, including "Hound Dog," "Stand By Me" and "Love Potion No. 9."
Details: 8 p.m., running through Friday at the University of Miami's Ring Theatre, 1312 Miller Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-3355; $10-$18.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 16
THAT DARKWAVE SOUND
SHE WANTS REVENGE
California band channels the Gothic sound of Bauhaus, Sisters of Mercy and Joy Division, with a dance groove.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
Dubstep hero from the U.K. gets your feet moving.
Details: 10 p.m. at the Vagabond, 30 NE 14th St., Miami; 305-379-0508 or www.thevagabondmiami.com; $7.
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District