Weekly Ticket - 8/31 through 9/3
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 31
Folksy young Scottish singer/songwriter performs radio-friendly tunes including "Last Request" and "New Shoes," plus tracks from his new album "Sunny Side Up."
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $20.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
INTERNATIONAL BALLET FESTIVAL OF MIAMI
Workshops teach you how the pros twirl and pirouette so elegantly.
Details: 8 p.m., running through Sept. 13 at In Motion Dance Theater, 5084 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-751-2229 or www.internationalballetfestival.com; call for prices and schedules.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
"THE CIRCUS TOUR"
Britney's back! Her over-the-top tour returns to Miami (it made a stop here on March 7), complete with the pop princess' greatest hits, plus the new smash "Womanizer."
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 786-777-1000 or Ticketmaster; $39.50-$577.75.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
CD RELEASE PARTY
JACOB JEFFRIES BAND
Local piano man and his band perform; all guests will receive a copy of the new live CD "Waiting For the Piano Movers."
Details: 9 p.m. at the Transit Lounge, 729 SW 1st Ave., Miami; 305-377-4628; free.
-- Mike Hamersly
- FDR & Electric Pickle Anniversary Bashes, Battioke, Rolling Loud & Fools' Paradise at Churchill's
- Go Drink This: Greenhouse Smash
- Wynwood's Electric Pickle turns 6, throws weekend-long anniversary bash
- French house, condo cinema, food, drink and fests!
- Wynwood's new piano bar pops up at Cafeina on Thursday nights
- Go Drink This: Mixology for Two, an interactive session
- 'French Tuesdays' returns to South Beach nightlife
- Go Drink This: Cocktails for Two
- Basement Miami introduces weekly party for Hump Day enthusiasts and hip hop aficionados
- From Brooklyn to Wynwood: The Greatest Day Ever comes to Miami in May