Weekly Ticket - 8/31 through 9/3
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 31
Folksy young Scottish singer/songwriter performs radio-friendly tunes including "Last Request" and "New Shoes," plus tracks from his new album "Sunny Side Up."
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $20.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
INTERNATIONAL BALLET FESTIVAL OF MIAMI
Workshops teach you how the pros twirl and pirouette so elegantly.
Details: 8 p.m., running through Sept. 13 at In Motion Dance Theater, 5084 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-751-2229 or www.internationalballetfestival.com; call for prices and schedules.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
"THE CIRCUS TOUR"
Britney's back! Her over-the-top tour returns to Miami (it made a stop here on March 7), complete with the pop princess' greatest hits, plus the new smash "Womanizer."
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 786-777-1000 or Ticketmaster; $39.50-$577.75.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
CD RELEASE PARTY
JACOB JEFFRIES BAND
Local piano man and his band perform; all guests will receive a copy of the new live CD "Waiting For the Piano Movers."
Details: 9 p.m. at the Transit Lounge, 729 SW 1st Ave., Miami; 305-377-4628; free.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series
- Ultra Music Festival bans minors
- Go Drink This: Bellini at Cipriani Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 29 - 31