Weekly Ticket - 8/31 through 9/3
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 31
Folksy young Scottish singer/songwriter performs radio-friendly tunes including "Last Request" and "New Shoes," plus tracks from his new album "Sunny Side Up."
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $20.
FOR TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 1
INTERNATIONAL BALLET FESTIVAL OF MIAMI
Workshops teach you how the pros twirl and pirouette so elegantly.
Details: 8 p.m., running through Sept. 13 at In Motion Dance Theater, 5084 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-751-2229 or www.internationalballetfestival.com; call for prices and schedules.
FOR WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
"THE CIRCUS TOUR"
Britney's back! Her over-the-top tour returns to Miami (it made a stop here on March 7), complete with the pop princess' greatest hits, plus the new smash "Womanizer."
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 786-777-1000 or Ticketmaster; $39.50-$577.75.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 3
CD RELEASE PARTY
JACOB JEFFRIES BAND
Local piano man and his band perform; all guests will receive a copy of the new live CD "Waiting For the Piano Movers."
Details: 9 p.m. at the Transit Lounge, 729 SW 1st Ave., Miami; 305-377-4628; free.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Miami
- Go Drink This: Paint Your Own Negroni
- A Mad Zoo at Grand Central, Wunderbar!, Kooky Cosplay, and Chanukah Yachting
- Go Drink This: Gin Punch
- The music, the madness and the art of the party
- Go Drink This: Walk This Way
- Death & Co alive & well in Miami, art before Basel, bargain beach club, Brazilian nights & pool pop-up
- Go Drink This: Spicy Sipper
- Rock legends, beer, booze, an 80s prom & Greased Lightning, Charlie Brown
- Go Drink This: Positano