Weekly Ticket - 8/3 through 8/6
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 3
ALL THAT JAZZ
KIKI SANCHEZ QUARTET
The Luis Enrique "Kiki" Sanchez Quartet plays the best in Peruvian jazz.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach;
305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 4
HAVE A "BREAKDOWN"
Pop-punk superstar band performs hits including "Longview," "Basket Case," "When I Come Around" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," plus tracks from its new album, "21st Century Breakdown."
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami;
786-777-1000 or Ticketmaster; $25-$49.50.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5
Italian artists DJ Bot and DJ Phra mix hip-hop, house and electro beats.
Details: 10 p.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami
Beach; 305-674-4680 or www.livnightclub.com; $20.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 6
BUST A GUT
Stand-up comedian from Philly will crack you up with his tales of growing up in an Italian-American family.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way,
Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $22.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it