Weekly Ticket - 8/3 through 8/6
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 3
ALL THAT JAZZ
KIKI SANCHEZ QUARTET
The Luis Enrique "Kiki" Sanchez Quartet plays the best in Peruvian jazz.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach;
305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 4
HAVE A "BREAKDOWN"
Pop-punk superstar band performs hits including "Longview," "Basket Case," "When I Come Around" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," plus tracks from its new album, "21st Century Breakdown."
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami;
786-777-1000 or Ticketmaster; $25-$49.50.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5
Italian artists DJ Bot and DJ Phra mix hip-hop, house and electro beats.
Details: 10 p.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami
Beach; 305-674-4680 or www.livnightclub.com; $20.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 6
BUST A GUT
Stand-up comedian from Philly will crack you up with his tales of growing up in an Italian-American family.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way,
Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $22.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District