Weekly Ticket - 8/3 through 8/6
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 3
ALL THAT JAZZ
KIKI SANCHEZ QUARTET
The Luis Enrique "Kiki" Sanchez Quartet plays the best in Peruvian jazz.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach;
305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 4
HAVE A "BREAKDOWN"
Pop-punk superstar band performs hits including "Longview," "Basket Case," "When I Come Around" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams," plus tracks from its new album, "21st Century Breakdown."
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami;
786-777-1000 or Ticketmaster; $25-$49.50.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 5
Italian artists DJ Bot and DJ Phra mix hip-hop, house and electro beats.
Details: 10 p.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami
Beach; 305-674-4680 or www.livnightclub.com; $20.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 6
BUST A GUT
Stand-up comedian from Philly will crack you up with his tales of growing up in an Italian-American family.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way,
Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $22.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series