Weekly Ticket - 8/24 through 8/27
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
For MONDAY, AUGUST 24
BACK SEAT BETTY
Groove to the filthy house beats of DJ Ani Phearce while go-go girls shimmy all around you.
Details: 10 p.m. at Love Hate Lounge, 423 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695 8616 or www.lovehatemiami.com; no cover.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 25
THE STATE OF
Local duo featuring Steph Taylor and Nabedi Osorio perform.
Details: 9 p.m. at News Lounge, 5580 NE 4th Ct., Miami; 305-758-9932 or www.the55thstreetstation.com; no cover.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26
Comedian performs for a live taping of his Bipolar Man tour.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $15, plus two-drink minimum.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 27
Hard-rock legends Motley Crue headline the festival along with Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Drowning Pool and Charm City Devils.
Details: 5 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $29.50-$95, six-pack lawn, $60.
-- MIke Hamersly
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Katsuya unveils new installation by Miami artist Tatiana Suarez
- Miss Coco Peru at Cabaret, Spring Fling at 1111, db Bistro happenings, early bird boozing at Katsuya
- The Forge in Miami Beach fuses music and food three nights a week