Weekly Ticket - 8/24 through 8/27
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
For MONDAY, AUGUST 24
BACK SEAT BETTY
Groove to the filthy house beats of DJ Ani Phearce while go-go girls shimmy all around you.
Details: 10 p.m. at Love Hate Lounge, 423 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695 8616 or www.lovehatemiami.com; no cover.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 25
THE STATE OF
Local duo featuring Steph Taylor and Nabedi Osorio perform.
Details: 9 p.m. at News Lounge, 5580 NE 4th Ct., Miami; 305-758-9932 or www.the55thstreetstation.com; no cover.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26
Comedian performs for a live taping of his Bipolar Man tour.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $15, plus two-drink minimum.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 27
Hard-rock legends Motley Crue headline the festival along with Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Drowning Pool and Charm City Devils.
Details: 5 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $29.50-$95, six-pack lawn, $60.
-- MIke Hamersly
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut
- Go Drink This: Ginger Berry Smash
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: EDGE Steak & Bar at the Four Seasons Miami
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches
- Go Drink This: Espumita Cocktail
- Go Drink This: Ortanique Bacardi Mojito
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tongue & Cheek in Miami Beach
- Go Drink This: Bombay Sapphire Negroni
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Tamarina in Brickell