Weekly Ticket - 8/24 through 8/27
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
For MONDAY, AUGUST 24
BACK SEAT BETTY
Groove to the filthy house beats of DJ Ani Phearce while go-go girls shimmy all around you.
Details: 10 p.m. at Love Hate Lounge, 423 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-695 8616 or www.lovehatemiami.com; no cover.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 25
THE STATE OF
Local duo featuring Steph Taylor and Nabedi Osorio perform.
Details: 9 p.m. at News Lounge, 5580 NE 4th Ct., Miami; 305-758-9932 or www.the55thstreetstation.com; no cover.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 26
Comedian performs for a live taping of his Bipolar Man tour.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $15, plus two-drink minimum.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 27
Hard-rock legends Motley Crue headline the festival along with Godsmack, Theory of a Deadman, Drowning Pool and Charm City Devils.
Details: 5 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $29.50-$95, six-pack lawn, $60.
-- MIke Hamersly
- Ultra Music Festival names retiring Miami Beach Police Chief Ray Martinez new security director
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 18 - 20
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6