Weekly Ticket - 8/17 through 8/20
Topless firefighters adorned with '60s-inspired body paint greeting fans? Now that's en fuego!
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 17
Heavy-metal pioneers perform their groundbreaking 1980 album "British Steel" in its entirety, featuring the hits "Living After Midnight," "The Grinder" and "Breaking the Law." Note: Whitesnake has dropped out of this tour.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-327-7625 or LiveNation.com; $45-$90.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 18
GET INTO THE GROOVE
Electro-funk duo takes the Miami Sound Machine's vibe to a much cooler level.
Details: 11 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9342 or www.jazid.net; free.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 19
Opening act on the Jonas Brothers tour performs on its own in support of the new album "Fashionably Late," out Sept. 15.
Details: Noon at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; or www.jointherevolution.net; $14.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 20
SOUTH FLORIDA FIREFIGHTERS
In honor of the 40th-anniversary week of Woodstock, the firefighters, adorned with '60s-inspired body paint, will greet fans, pose for pictures and sign the $17 calendars.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at the Seminole Paradise at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-583-3250 or www.firefighterscalendar.com; free.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Get to Lunch Break at Bardot on Friday for a midday dance party in Miami
- Go Drink This: Rum-ble ‘n’ Sway
- Moonlighting, whisky, Nicola's big 5-0, booze, books & Jacko
- Go Drink This: Strawberry Mojito Mocktail
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Aug. 21-23
- Boozy brunches, dinner parties, rappers and night swimming
- Go Drink This: Thelma and Louise
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Segafredo Brickell
- Go Drink This: Honey Citrus Sidecar
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara