Weekly Ticket - 8/10 through 8/13
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 10
EVERYBODY'S DOIN' THE FISH
Sure, the Marlins got swept by the lowly Nationals, but they're still in the playoff hunt. See them take on the Houston Astros in their first game back home after a six-game road trip.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at Land Shark Stadium, 2267 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; 305-623-6100 or www.landsharkstadium.com; tickets start at $12.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 11
"CSI: CRIME SCENE INSECTS"
Exhibit shows how the presence of certain insects on dead bodies (don't worry - they're mock crime scenes) can tell investigators when, where and how a person ceased to be.
Details: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., running through Jan. 31 at the Miami Science Museum, 3280 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-642-4200 or www.miamisci.org; $15.30.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12
Hard-rock show features Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine and many more acts, plus plenty of Rockstar Energy Drink, its sponsor.
Details: 2:15 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $25-$58.25, four-pack $79.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 13
Former "Saturday Night Live" host of "Weekend Update," best known for his characters Subliminal Man and Franz (of Hans and Franz, with Dana Carvey), does stand-up.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $26, plus two-drink minimum.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Go Drink This: Canchánchara
- Win VIP access for The Do-Over Miami on Sunday, August 9!
- Go Drink This: Bari
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies
- Go Drink This: Mojito Illegal
- Drinkhouse Fire & Ice set to bring frosty fun to Miami nightlife
- The 10 Must-Have Cocktails in Miami this Summer
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: Toscana Divino in Brickell
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Go Drink This: Scotch and the Coconut