Weekly Ticket - 8/10 through 8/13
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 10
EVERYBODY'S DOIN' THE FISH
Sure, the Marlins got swept by the lowly Nationals, but they're still in the playoff hunt. See them take on the Houston Astros in their first game back home after a six-game road trip.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at Land Shark Stadium, 2267 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; 305-623-6100 or www.landsharkstadium.com; tickets start at $12.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 11
"CSI: CRIME SCENE INSECTS"
Exhibit shows how the presence of certain insects on dead bodies (don't worry - they're mock crime scenes) can tell investigators when, where and how a person ceased to be.
Details: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., running through Jan. 31 at the Miami Science Museum, 3280 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-642-4200 or www.miamisci.org; $15.30.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12
Hard-rock show features Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine and many more acts, plus plenty of Rockstar Energy Drink, its sponsor.
Details: 2:15 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $25-$58.25, four-pack $79.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 13
Former "Saturday Night Live" host of "Weekend Update," best known for his characters Subliminal Man and Franz (of Hans and Franz, with Dana Carvey), does stand-up.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $26, plus two-drink minimum.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Gallery - Vizcaya Halloween Sundowner 2014
- Beatniks, Art, Disco, More Disco and Strippers - it's not just Halloween, it's Miami!
- Brickell Rum Fest returns with tastings and live music
- Tobacco Road finds new home aboard Norwegian Cruise Line
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull
- Go Drink This: Black Truffle Martini
- Last call at Tobacco Road, free culture @ YoungArts, Pitbull & Enrique after party
- Drink Ilegal Mezcal cocktails at Mansion Nightclub with bartender Virginia King
- A different sort of Bonfire of the Vanities at Conde Contemporary, Sassy City Chicks & a Ritzy beer garden
- Go Drink This: Piña Colada Old Fashioned