Weekly Ticket - 8/10 through 8/13
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 10
EVERYBODY'S DOIN' THE FISH
Sure, the Marlins got swept by the lowly Nationals, but they're still in the playoff hunt. See them take on the Houston Astros in their first game back home after a six-game road trip.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at Land Shark Stadium, 2267 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; 305-623-6100 or www.landsharkstadium.com; tickets start at $12.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 11
"CSI: CRIME SCENE INSECTS"
Exhibit shows how the presence of certain insects on dead bodies (don't worry - they're mock crime scenes) can tell investigators when, where and how a person ceased to be.
Details: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., running through Jan. 31 at the Miami Science Museum, 3280 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-642-4200 or www.miamisci.org; $15.30.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12
Hard-rock show features Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine and many more acts, plus plenty of Rockstar Energy Drink, its sponsor.
Details: 2:15 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $25-$58.25, four-pack $79.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 13
Former "Saturday Night Live" host of "Weekend Update," best known for his characters Subliminal Man and Franz (of Hans and Franz, with Dana Carvey), does stand-up.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $26, plus two-drink minimum.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Miami
- Go Drink This: Paint Your Own Negroni
- A Mad Zoo at Grand Central, Wunderbar!, Kooky Cosplay, and Chanukah Yachting
- Go Drink This: Gin Punch
- The music, the madness and the art of the party
- Go Drink This: Walk This Way
- Death & Co alive & well in Miami, art before Basel, bargain beach club, Brazilian nights & pool pop-up
- Go Drink This: Spicy Sipper
- Rock legends, beer, booze, an 80s prom & Greased Lightning, Charlie Brown
- Go Drink This: Positano