Weekly Ticket - 8/10 through 8/13
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, AUGUST 10
EVERYBODY'S DOIN' THE FISH
Sure, the Marlins got swept by the lowly Nationals, but they're still in the playoff hunt. See them take on the Houston Astros in their first game back home after a six-game road trip.
Details: 7:10 p.m. at Land Shark Stadium, 2267 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; 305-623-6100 or www.landsharkstadium.com; tickets start at $12.
FOR TUESDAY, AUGUST 11
"CSI: CRIME SCENE INSECTS"
Exhibit shows how the presence of certain insects on dead bodies (don't worry - they're mock crime scenes) can tell investigators when, where and how a person ceased to be.
Details: 10 a.m.-6 p.m., running through Jan. 31 at the Miami Science Museum, 3280 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-642-4200 or www.miamisci.org; $15.30.
FOR WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 12
Hard-rock show features Marilyn Manson, Slayer, Killswitch Engage, Bullet For My Valentine and many more acts, plus plenty of Rockstar Energy Drink, its sponsor.
Details: 2:15 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $25-$58.25, four-pack $79.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 13
Former "Saturday Night Live" host of "Weekend Update," best known for his characters Subliminal Man and Franz (of Hans and Franz, with Dana Carvey), does stand-up.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Seminole Hard Rock Improv, 5700 Seminole Way, Hollywood; 954-981-5653 or www.improvftl.com; $26, plus two-drink minimum.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital