Weekly Ticket - 7/20 through 7/23
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 20
IT'S STITCHIN' TIME
STITCHIN' BOOZIN' BITCHES
Who knew knitting could be hip? Bring your own supplies and get crafty.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1717; free.
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 21
DOUG E. FRESH
Get a dope dose of old-school hip-hop at weekly Rewind Tuesdays party.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 22
You might be sick of the media blitz following Michael Jackson's sudden death, but no one's sick of the music, and these guys have been doing Jacko justice for the past six years. You'll hear all the favorites, including "Billie Jean," "Wanna Be Startin' Something," "Man in the Mirror," "Rock With You" and "Thriller," complete with some sick moonwalking.
Details: 9 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16 advance, $18 day of show.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 23
THEY'RE TOTALLY AWESOME
AWESOME NEW REPUBLIC
Local indie-rock heroes perform weekly "undercover shows" - expect to hear anything from Bruce Springsteen to Prince to the Talking Heads.
Details: 11 p.m. at the Delano's Florida Room, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000; free.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Ball & Chain presents new album series
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets