Weekly Ticket - 7/20 through 7/23
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 20
IT'S STITCHIN' TIME
STITCHIN' BOOZIN' BITCHES
Who knew knitting could be hip? Bring your own supplies and get crafty.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1717; free.
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 21
DOUG E. FRESH
Get a dope dose of old-school hip-hop at weekly Rewind Tuesdays party.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 22
You might be sick of the media blitz following Michael Jackson's sudden death, but no one's sick of the music, and these guys have been doing Jacko justice for the past six years. You'll hear all the favorites, including "Billie Jean," "Wanna Be Startin' Something," "Man in the Mirror," "Rock With You" and "Thriller," complete with some sick moonwalking.
Details: 9 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16 advance, $18 day of show.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 23
THEY'RE TOTALLY AWESOME
AWESOME NEW REPUBLIC
Local indie-rock heroes perform weekly "undercover shows" - expect to hear anything from Bruce Springsteen to Prince to the Talking Heads.
Details: 11 p.m. at the Delano's Florida Room, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000; free.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Moët & Chandon presents Seaspice's new cocktail hour
- The Forge brings back its famed Wednesday night party
- The Who - win a pair of tickets
- Dance-music pioneer Jellybean Benitez talks about Madonna, EDM, Studio 54 before event at PAMM
- Tobacco Road celebrates new location Sunday
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Katsuya unveils new installation by Miami artist Tatiana Suarez
- Miss Coco Peru at Cabaret, Spring Fling at 1111, db Bistro happenings, early bird boozing at Katsuya
- The Forge in Miami Beach fuses music and food three nights a week