Weekly Ticket - 7/20 through 7/23
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 20
IT'S STITCHIN' TIME
STITCHIN' BOOZIN' BITCHES
Who knew knitting could be hip? Bring your own supplies and get crafty.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1717; free.
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 21
DOUG E. FRESH
Get a dope dose of old-school hip-hop at weekly Rewind Tuesdays party.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 22
You might be sick of the media blitz following Michael Jackson's sudden death, but no one's sick of the music, and these guys have been doing Jacko justice for the past six years. You'll hear all the favorites, including "Billie Jean," "Wanna Be Startin' Something," "Man in the Mirror," "Rock With You" and "Thriller," complete with some sick moonwalking.
Details: 9 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16 advance, $18 day of show.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 23
THEY'RE TOTALLY AWESOME
AWESOME NEW REPUBLIC
Local indie-rock heroes perform weekly "undercover shows" - expect to hear anything from Bruce Springsteen to Prince to the Talking Heads.
Details: 11 p.m. at the Delano's Florida Room, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000; free.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival