Weekly Ticket - 7/20 through 7/23
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this week.
FOR MONDAY, JULY 20
IT'S STITCHIN' TIME
STITCHIN' BOOZIN' BITCHES
Who knew knitting could be hip? Bring your own supplies and get crafty.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Standard Hotel, 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-1717; free.
FOR TUESDAY, JULY 21
DOUG E. FRESH
Get a dope dose of old-school hip-hop at weekly Rewind Tuesdays party.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $15.
FOR WEDNESDAY, JULY 22
You might be sick of the media blitz following Michael Jackson's sudden death, but no one's sick of the music, and these guys have been doing Jacko justice for the past six years. You'll hear all the favorites, including "Billie Jean," "Wanna Be Startin' Something," "Man in the Mirror," "Rock With You" and "Thriller," complete with some sick moonwalking.
Details: 9 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $16 advance, $18 day of show.
FOR THURSDAY, JULY 23
THEY'RE TOTALLY AWESOME
AWESOME NEW REPUBLIC
Local indie-rock heroes perform weekly "undercover shows" - expect to hear anything from Bruce Springsteen to Prince to the Talking Heads.
Details: 11 p.m. at the Delano's Florida Room, 1685 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-672-2000; free.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series