This weekend's social highlights
Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the history of the Miami River and features family fun activities including free boat tours along the Miami River, live music by Luis Bofill and historical reenactments. Lummus Historic Park, 250 NW North River Dr., Miami; www.miamirivercommission.org.
Lea and Roy Black host the Blacks Annual Gala to benefit the Consequences Charity & Foundation with performances by Dionne Warwick, Pharrell Williams and Pitbull. Expect plenty of Real Housewives in attendance as well as other celebs. Tickets start at $650. Eden Roc Hotel, 4525 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.theblacksannualgala.com.
Nightlife mogul Gerry Kelly hosts the VIP Red Carpet Grand Opening Gala for his latest resto/lounge, Trio on the Bay. DJ Vertigo spins and guests can enjoy cocktails and nibbles from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. Trio on the Bay, 1601 79th Causeway, North Bay Village; RSVP@jejeconsulting.com.
On Our Radar
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour
- Miami Fashion Week arrives with new celebs and a fresh vision
- 5 things to know about 2 Chainz