This weekend's social highlights
Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the history of the Miami River and features family fun activities including free boat tours along the Miami River, live music by Luis Bofill and historical reenactments. Lummus Historic Park, 250 NW North River Dr., Miami; www.miamirivercommission.org.
Lea and Roy Black host the Blacks Annual Gala to benefit the Consequences Charity & Foundation with performances by Dionne Warwick, Pharrell Williams and Pitbull. Expect plenty of Real Housewives in attendance as well as other celebs. Tickets start at $650. Eden Roc Hotel, 4525 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.theblacksannualgala.com.
Nightlife mogul Gerry Kelly hosts the VIP Red Carpet Grand Opening Gala for his latest resto/lounge, Trio on the Bay. DJ Vertigo spins and guests can enjoy cocktails and nibbles from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. Trio on the Bay, 1601 79th Causeway, North Bay Village; RSVP@jejeconsulting.com.
On Our Radar
- LeBron Voyage: A Fond Miami Farewell to LeBron James, a Legend Off the Court, Too
- Shark Tank investor swims into Miami
- Pampering event with celebrity stylist
- LeBron James to meet with Heat front office
- U.S. soccer players kick it at the Clevelander Hotel
- Warren Sapp tip flap
- Clevelander Hotel hosts homecoming party for U.S. soccer players Jozy Altidore, Damarcus Beasley and Fabian Johnson on Sunday
- Soccer star Alex Morgan gets her kicks in Miami Beach
- David Beckham H&M underwear ads released
- Want to be a movie star? Camp tells you how