This weekend's social highlights
Miami Riverday Festival celebrates the history of the Miami River and features family fun activities including free boat tours along the Miami River, live music by Luis Bofill and historical reenactments. Lummus Historic Park, 250 NW North River Dr., Miami; www.miamirivercommission.org.
Lea and Roy Black host the Blacks Annual Gala to benefit the Consequences Charity & Foundation with performances by Dionne Warwick, Pharrell Williams and Pitbull. Expect plenty of Real Housewives in attendance as well as other celebs. Tickets start at $650. Eden Roc Hotel, 4525 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.theblacksannualgala.com.
Nightlife mogul Gerry Kelly hosts the VIP Red Carpet Grand Opening Gala for his latest resto/lounge, Trio on the Bay. DJ Vertigo spins and guests can enjoy cocktails and nibbles from 9 p.m. to 10 p.m. Trio on the Bay, 1601 79th Causeway, North Bay Village; RSVP@jejeconsulting.com.
On Our Radar
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert
- Beyonce bringing post Lemonade drama to Miami
- Lil Kim looks a lot different in Miami
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take Miami for wedding
- Andy Cohen pays tribute to Prince in Miami at Arsht gala
- Enrique Iglesias gets frank on Facebook
- Tia Mowry in Miami: Online bullying is not OK
- 2016 - The Year The Music Died - Bowie, Frey, Prince
- Prince’s best Miami moments from a nightlife insider