Weekend Ticket - 9/17 through 9/20
Here are some ideas about what you could be doing this weekend.
FOR THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 17
FREE FOR ALL
The leader of The Bronx Horns, veterans of Tito Puente's orchestra, brings his sax and flute for the best in mambo and salsa. Details: 9 p.m. at Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com.
FOR FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 18
SORRY FOR PARTYIN' TOUR
BOWLING FOR SOUP
Texas pop-punk band performs hits including "1985," "Girl All the Bad Guys Want" and "High School Never Ends." Expect the unexpected: Bowling For Soup never follows a set list.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $7.59.
FEEL THE FUNK
Frankie Beverly brings his longtime funk and soul group to town.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 786-777-1000 or www.aaarena.com; $42.50-84.50.
Downtown Miami's newest hotspot hosts a party for the launch of Title Sports Drink, featuring DJ Irie, the Title DJs, the Title Girls and many surprises. Hosted by WPOW's Nikki Ramirez and "Deco Drive" personality Aubrey Aquino.
Details: 8 p.m. at MIA Biscayne, 20 Biscayne Blvd. (at Flagler Street), Miami; RSVP to email@example.com.
Veteran Argentinian singer/songwriter takes the stage.
Details: 8 p.m. at the James L. Knight Center, 400 SE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-372-4634 or www.jlkc.com; $43-$102.
Documentary explores pop culture's gradual return to Afghanistan after five years of Taliban rule, centering on the "American Idol"-esque show "Afghan Star." Also showing: the short animated South Beach serial "Beach Chronicles."
Details: 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members.
FOR SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 19
DJ/producer from progressive house duo Deep Dish spins hypnotic beats as part of his Get Wild world tour.
Details: 10 p.m. at Gryphon Nightclub inside the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino complex, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; www.wantickets.com; $25.
WAY OUT WEST SOUNDSYSTEM
U.K. DJ duo consisting of Nick Warren and Jody Wisternoff helps celebrate club's reopening.
Details: 11 p.m. at Shine at the Shelborne, 1801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.wantickets.com; $15.
FOR SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20
ALL THAT JAZZ
THE JAMIE OUSLEY TRIO
Combo formed from members of the University of Miami Concert Jazz Band performs standards and originals on piano, bass and drums.
Details: 4 p.m. Sunday at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Miami, 7701 SW 76th Ave., Miami; 305-667-3692; $15, $10 minors.
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday
- Party with Jenny McCarthy at E11even Miami Saturday night after "Dirty Sexy Funny"
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 11 - 13