Weekend Ticket - 8/6 through 8/9
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 6
FREE FOR ALL | SILVANO MONASTERIOS
Venezuelan pianist and composer performs with the Fourth World Ensemble at 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com.
FOR FRIDAY, AUGUST 7
"FUEGO EN EL BATEY"
Closing reception for the rediscovered masterpiece by Mario Carreno, accompanied by major works by other Cuban modernists.
Details: 7-10 p.m. at Cernuda Arte, 3155 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables;305-461-1050; free.
Local pianist and singer performs.
Details: 7 p.m. at The Apple Store Dadeland, 7509 N. Kendall Dr., Pinecrest; 305-341-9812; free.
NEW WOODY ALLEN COMEDY
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" star and "Seinfeld" creator Larry David stars as a crotchety misanthrope (has he ever played anything else?) who takes in a naive young runaway (Evan Rachel Wood). Also stars Ed Begley Jr. and Patricia Clarkson.
Details: 9:15 p.m. Friday-Sunday at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members.
FOR SATURDAY, AUGUST 8
Latin Grammy-nominated Cuban singer plays piano and guitar, and has worked with trumpet virtuoso Arturo Sandoval.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Manuel Artime Theater, 900 SW First St., Miami; 305-575-5057 or Ticketmaster; $38-$68.
THE MAU5 ROARS AGAIN
Toronto electro and progressive house DJ/producer performs in support of his latest album, "For Lack of a Better Name."
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $40.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Go Drink This: Spicy Sipper
- Rock legends, beer, booze, an 80s prom & Greased Lightning, Charlie Brown
- Go Drink This: Positano
- Ball and Chain in Little Havana brings the Brazilian Girls to Miami
- Wynwood Art Auction, P.I.G. & funk 'n' jazz
- Go Drink This: Port of Call
- Sidebar opens in Little Havana, A Night in Monte Carlo (in Coral Gables), "Bette Midler" at the Cabaret and Full Mooning in Wynwood
- Miami duo launches high-tech InList app for nightlife experiences
- Gallery: Halloween on Lincoln Road 2014
- Go Drink This: Pumpkin Rum Old Fashioned