Weekend Ticket - 8/6 through 8/9
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FOR THURSDAY, AUGUST 6
FREE FOR ALL | SILVANO MONASTERIOS
Venezuelan pianist and composer performs with the Fourth World Ensemble at 9 p.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com.
FOR FRIDAY, AUGUST 7
"FUEGO EN EL BATEY"
Closing reception for the rediscovered masterpiece by Mario Carreno, accompanied by major works by other Cuban modernists.
Details: 7-10 p.m. at Cernuda Arte, 3155 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables;305-461-1050; free.
Local pianist and singer performs.
Details: 7 p.m. at The Apple Store Dadeland, 7509 N. Kendall Dr., Pinecrest; 305-341-9812; free.
NEW WOODY ALLEN COMEDY
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" star and "Seinfeld" creator Larry David stars as a crotchety misanthrope (has he ever played anything else?) who takes in a naive young runaway (Evan Rachel Wood). Also stars Ed Begley Jr. and Patricia Clarkson.
Details: 9:15 p.m. Friday-Sunday at the Miami Beach Cinematheque, 512 Espanola Way, Miami Beach; 305-673-4567 or www.mbcinema.com; $10, $7 members.
FOR SATURDAY, AUGUST 8
Latin Grammy-nominated Cuban singer plays piano and guitar, and has worked with trumpet virtuoso Arturo Sandoval.
Details: 7 p.m. at the Manuel Artime Theater, 900 SW First St., Miami; 305-575-5057 or Ticketmaster; $38-$68.
THE MAU5 ROARS AGAIN
Toronto electro and progressive house DJ/producer performs in support of his latest album, "For Lack of a Better Name."
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $40.
-- Mike Hamersly
- Go Drink This: The Pink Lady
- Go Drink This: House-Bottled Pear and Hibiscus Cider
- Miami nightlife impresario Chris Paciello to open Rockwell nightclub in Miami Beach
- Charity cocktailing, tricking out, clam baking, jet setting, swining and dining, and salsa dancing
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: American Social in Brickell
- Go Drink This: Lemongrass Collins
- Four Seasons Brickell hosts End of Summer pool party
- Metro Railing, antique spicing, sommelier slamming, straycationing & Blocktoberfesting
- Go Drink This: Jalapeño & Tamarind Pisco Sour
- Cinema, celluloid, flicks, a new babe in Brickell named Marion & Mexican Independence Day