Weekend Ticket - 7/3 through 7/5
Here are some ideas on what you could be doing this weekend.
For Friday, July 3
FOR THE LOVERS
Romantic reggae singer performs tunes including "Tempted to Touch," "Is This a Sign" and "Respect to You Baby."
Details: 8 p.m. at the James L. Knight Center, 400 SE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-372-4634 or www.jlkc.com; $33-$78.
CD RELEASE PARTY
Remember the early '90s garage-rock band The Goods? Jim Camacho was its leader, and Marilyn Manson's band opened for them at Churchill's Pub. Today, the alt-rock singer-songwriter celebrates the release of his fourth solo album, "Beachfront Defeat."
Details: 9 p.m. at Luna Star Cafe, 775 NE 125th St., Miami Shores; 305-892-8522; $5.
ECCO BEACH PARTY
BEHROUZ AND JOSH WINK
Yoshitoshi and Ovum label stars Behrouz and Josh Wink perform deep and tech house in support of new albums "Pure Behrouz NYC" and "When a Banana Was Just a Banana," along with resident Jon Cowan.
Details: 10 p.m. at Shine at the Shelborne, 1801 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; $20, free cocktail reception from 10 p.m.-midnight - RSVP to email@example.com.
Night-crawlers - kick-start your epic, club-hopping weekend by catching Dubfire, one-half of the dynamic D.C. DJ duo Deep Dish, spinning the best in progressive house.
Details: 11 p.m. Friday at Opium at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood; www.opiumhardrock.com; $20; and 11 p.m. Saturday at Mansion, 1235 Washiington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $20.
CRUNK IT UP
Pioneer of "crunk" with the East Side Boyz shouts out "What?" "Yeah!" and "Hey!" while performing hits from his new solo album "Crunk Rock."
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $20.
For Saturday, July 4
New York house-music legend teams up with fellow DJ Victor Calderone.
Details: 11 a.m.-11 p.m. at the Surfcomber Hotel, 1717 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-987-7009 or www.wantickets.com; $50-$60.
SUPER SATURDAYS WITH THE FLORIDA MARLINS
KC AND THE SUNSHINE BAND
After the Fish take care of business against the Pittsburgh Pirates, legendary disco-funk group performs '70 hits including "(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty," "I'm Your Boogie Man," "That's the Way (I Like It)" and "Get Down Tonight."
Details: Game time is 6:10 p.m. at Land Shark Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; 305-623-6100 or www.landsharkstadium.com; tickets start at $12.
Hipsters know him as the founder of the legendary "Subliminal Sessions" club parties, but how many know he's behind the Real 2 Reel smash hit "I Like to Move It"?
Details: 10 p.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4680 or www.livnightclub.com; $20; and 4 a.m. Sunday at Space, 34 NE 11th St., downtown Miami; 305-375-0001 or www.clubspace.com; $30.
SUENALO SOUND SYSTEM
Check out local funksters, who inspired the New York Times to write: "The dance floor gets hopping when one of the club's regular acts, Suenalo, plays its addictive fusion of Cuban son and rumba, Dominican hip-hop, Colombian cumbia and American funk."
Details: 10 p.m. at Jazid, 1342 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-673-9372 or www.jazid.net; $10.
FREE FOR ALL
Celebrate the Fourth in style with Miami's own The Elastic Bond, an unsigned but smoking six-piece band that fuses rap, Latin beats, funk and soul.
Details: 11 p.m. at Transit Lounge, 729 SW 1st Ave., Miami; 305-377-4628 or www.transitlounge.us.
For Sunday, July 5
"THE NEW CENTURY"
Catch Paul Rudnick's comedy, which tells the story of a Long Island Jewish mother of three gay children, among other riotous characters and situations.
Details: 2 and 7 p.m., running through July 19 at GableStage at the Biltmore, 1200 Anastasia Ave., Coral Gables; 305-445-1119 or www.gablestage.org; $37.50.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital
- Miami native Blake Lee to appear in ABC's new sitcom ‘Mixology’
- Soulfrito Urban Latin Music Festival brings the top urban and Latin acts
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 21-23
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District