Weekend Ticket - 7/10 through 7/12
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
For Friday, July 10
MIAMI.COM AT LEVEL 25
Join Miami.com as it celebrates the newest episode of the Walkabout! video series featuring John Hood and the launch of Kasia's Cause, a fundraiser benefiting WomenInDistress.org which works to prevent domestic violence. There will be complimentary 42 Below vodka and drink specials until 9 p.m.
Details: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Level 25 at The Conrad, 1395 Brickell Ave., 25th floor; Miami.
HANK WILLIAMS III
The grandson of the country-music legend tears up the stage with his punk-metal group Assjack - so don't expect to hear "Hey Good Lookin'" or "Your Cheatin' Heart."
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $18.
ZSG COMEDY JAM
Cedric "The Entertainer" headlines the highlight of Zo's Summer Groove week, hosted by Alonzo Mourning and Dwyane Wade and attended by many NBA stars.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood; Ticketmaster; $45-$100.
DJ JAZZY JEFF
Fans of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" can see another side of Will Smith's "potna" as the DJ spins the hottest in hip-hop (will he mix in "Parents Just Don't Understand"?).
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.mansionmiami.com; $20.
For Saturday, July 11
JAM ON IT
This group from Athens, Ga., expands the jam band concept by adding trippy synth loops.
Details: 9 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $14.99.
NEW ORLEANS FUNK
PORTER BATISTE STOLTZ
Reincarnation of the funk band The Meters features Russell Batiste Jr. on drums, George Porter Jr. on bass, and Brian Stoltz on guitar.
Details: 9:30 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $15.
For Sunday, July 12
LATIN GRAMMY WINNER
PALOMA SAN BASILIO
Spanish singer starred in Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Evita" in Madrid, plus recorded songs with Placido Domingo.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at the James L. Knight Center, 400 SE 2nd Ave., Miami; 305-372-4634 or www.jlkc.com; $53-$83.
FREE FOR ALL
Chill out by the pool and hear DJs Chino, Ariel Assault and Ruen.
Details: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. at Finnegan's on the River, 401 SW Third Ave., Miami; 305-856-7881.
-- Mike Hammersly
- Sake, beer, oysters and Basel, Art Basel
- Go Drink This: Marrakesh
- ICON Miami opening soon in former Mansion space and now hiring
- Rok'n burgers on 73rd St., rockin' authors hit Rock Bottom at Arsht, Dom at The Dutch & Sweet Liberty's sweet deal
- Could this be the Best Happy Hour in Miami: DECK sixteen at Hyatt Centric
- Neat Stuff's Casino Night returns this Friday at Nikki Beach
- LUCKYRICE at the Raleigh, PIG in Wynwood, a pre-Pride Soiree & showboating on Fisher Island with the Pointer Sisters
- Go Drink This: Sir Isaac Newton
- New lounges, poolside rap parties, free concerts, food fetes & dinner with Uncle Luke
- Go Drink This: The Aviator