Weekend Ticket - 6/5 - 6/7
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
For Friday, June 5, 2009
SOUTH FLORIDA BOAT SHOW
Recession? What recession? Buy a boat and take advantage of why you moved to South Florida in the first place.
Details: Noon-9 p.m. Friday and Saturday, noon-8 p.m. Sunday at the Miami Beach Convention Center, 1901 Convention Center Dr., Miami Beach; www.southfloridaboatshow.com or 800-321-6164; $10, kids under 14 free.
CIRQUE DU SOLEIL
Last weekend of "Saltimbanco," which marries themes of how urbanization has affected us with amazing feats of strength and agility.
Details: 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 1 and 5 p.m. Sunday; BankAtlantic Center, 1 Panther Pkwy., Sunrise; 954-835-7825 or www.bankatlanticcenter.com; $28-$90.
Last weekend to see "Cold Case" star and Miami homeboy Danny Pino in this play about how the Cuban revolution affected the country's middle class from 1958-60.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday and Saturday, 2 p.m. Sunday at Actors' Playhouse, 280 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-444-9293 or www.actorsplayhouse.org; $35-$48.
For Saturday, June 6, 2009
The Millionaires' Club Party launches their monthly event at Nikki Beach with a party that includes a dress code that is white and chic. DJs Nuvex and Elek will spin.
Details: 11 p.m. - 5 a.m. at Nikki Beach, One Ocean Dr., Miami Beach; 786-201-5639; $20 general admission, VIP tables start at $500.
Cuban salsa/merengue master performs in support of his latest album, "Pa'lante."
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Ticketmaster; $58-$128.
DJ duo rocks the crowd with techno and dirty house beats.
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; www.wantickets.com; $20.
For Sunday, June 7, 2009
BRUNCH AT THE SETAI
Dine on a sumptuous spread as jazz chanteuse Nicole Henry serenades you.
Details: 11:30 a.m. - 3 p.m. at the Setai, 2001 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; www.nicolehenry.com.
"Just a Friend" rapper spins hip-hop at Imagine party hosted my R&B crooner Mario.
Details: 10 p.m. at LIV at the Fontainebleau, 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-674-4680.
SUNDANCE AT SET
DJ Stephan Luke spins groovy house beats.
Details: 11 p.m. at SET, 320 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; www.sundancemiami.com.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series