Weekend Ticket - 5/16-17
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
For Saturday, May 16 and Sunday May 17, 2009
FUNK IT UP
New Orleans legend mixes up a musical gumbo of blues, R&B, funk and rock at the Blues, Brews & BBQ festival; Fort Lauderdale jam band The Heavy Pets opens.
Details: 4 p.m. at the Seminole Casino Coconut Creek, 5550 NW 40th St.; www.seminolecasinococonutcreek.com; $40.
Live Afro-Cuban funk.
Details: 9:30 p.m.-1:30 a.m. at the Van Dyke Cafe, 846 Lincoln Rd., Miami Beach; 305-534-3600 or www.thevandykecafe.com; free.
Downtown megaclub celebrates its ninth anniversary with DJ sets by Robbie Rivera, Oscar G., Cedric Gervais, Patrick M. and many more.
Details: 10 p.m. at Space, 34 NE 11th St., downtown Miami; www.clubspace.com; $20-$30.
Red-hot Hanley Ramirez and The Fish take on the Manny Ramirez-less Los Angeles Dodgers.
Details: 1:10 p.m. at Dolphin Stadium, 2269 Dan Marino Blvd., Miami Gardens; www.florida.marlins.mlb.com; $12 and up.
MIAMI CHILDREN'S CHORUS
"Let the Children Sing" program blends new music with traditional works by Mozart, Vaughan Williams and Bach.
Details: 4 p.m. at 1st United Methodist Church of Coral Gables, 536 Coral Way; 305-662-7494 or www.miamichildrenschorus.org; $20 adults, $5 students/seniors.
QUEEN OF DISCO
Donna Summer revisits hits including "Heaven Knows," "Hot Stuff," "Bad Girls," "MacArthur Park," "I Feel Love" and "Love to Love You Baby."
Details: 7 p.m. at the Hard Rock Live Arena at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood; Ticketmaster; $45-$85.
-- MICHAEL HAMERSLY
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series