Weekend Ticket - 12/4 through 12/5
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 4
"TWILIGHT" FANS UNITE
THE FANTASY TWI-LIFE TOUR
Can't get enough of "The Twilight Saga: New Moon"? This three-day convention, featuring musical guests, contests, a makeup studio and celebrity photo shoots and autograph sessions with Chaske Spencer, Gil Birmingham and Alex Meraz (sorry, no Robert Pattinson or Kristen Stewart - wouldn't that be a riot?) is for you.
Details: 2 p.m.-1 a.m. Friday, 10 a.m.-1 a.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday at the Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Hotel, 2301 SE 17th Street Causeway, Fort Lauderdale; www.twilightfantasytour.com; $20-$450.
Brash New York comedienne, one of the four finalists on "Last Comic Standing" in 2006, performs a fundraiser for Building Reciprocity, an organization that benefits children with autism.
Details: 7 p.m. meet-and-greet, 8 p.m. show at Cinema Paradiso (Vinnette Carroll Theater), 503 SE 6th St., Fort Lauderdale; www.lowbrowentertainmentco.com; $35.
New Jersey punk band founded by Glenn Danzig mixes horror into its show; opening act is Thrash or Die.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale; 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $25.
"Take the arena-filling production spectacle of Kiss, the light show of Pink Floyd, the theatrical rock of Queen - then add a Christmas theme. The result is Trans-Siberian Orchestra” - Chicago Tribune.
Details: 8 p.m. at the BankAtlantic Center, 1 Panther Pkwy., Sunrise; LiveNation.com; $28.75-$59.75.
Three chances to catch Maestro Judd conducting the Master Chorale of South Florida in Handel's complete oratorio: The Birth/The Passion/The Resurrection.
Details: 8 p.m. Friday at the Trinity Episcopal Cathedral, 464 NE 16th St. at Bayshore Drive, Miami - $30-$35; 8 p.m. Saturday at Spanish River Church, 2400 NW 51st St., Boca Raton - $28-$49; and 2:30 p.m. Sunday at the Broward Center for the Performing Arts, Au-Rene Theater, 201 SE 5th Ave., Fort Lauderdale - $15-$75; 954-418-6232 or www.masterchoraleofsouthflorida.org.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 5
BUZZ BAKE SALE
Annual all-day modern-rock festival hits town, with headliners Panic at the Disco, Say Anything, Our Lady Peace, Sick Puppies, Matisyahu, The Used, Chevelle and actor Jared Leto's band :30 Seconds to Mars.
Details: Doors open at 10 a.m. at the Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $40 reserved seating, $20 festival lawn.
Step away from the blackjack table and check out the Grammy-winning Puerto Rican merengue singer.
Details: 3 p.m. at the Magic City Casino, 450 NW 37th Ave., Miami; 888-56-MAGIC, 305-460-6579 or www.magiccitycasino.com; $20-$35.
New York Latin funk/reggae/ska band reunites after a seven-year break, with Bachaca, Malayerba and La Family Dub opening.
Details: 6 p.m. at the North Beach Bandshell, 7275 Collins Ave., Miami Beach; 305-905-0435 or rumbamiami.com; $25, kids under 12 free.
ARTS BALLET THEATRE
An evening of dinner, dancing, wine and entertainment benefits the nonprofit ballet company. Highlights include Spanish paella by chef Xavier Bonnafous and a performance by acclaimed flamenco dancer Esther Pardo.
Details: 6:30 p.m. at Arts Ballet Theatre of Florida, 15939 Biscayne Blvd., North Miami Beach; 305-948-4777; $40, $70 per couple, $240 table of eight.
ISRAEL'S TOP DANCE COMPANY
For its Arsht Center debut, Batsheva will perform Deca Dance, a celebration of 10 years of Israeli dancer/choreographer Ohad Naharin’s work. "This is not dancing that you will see anywhere else," raves The New York Times.
Details: 8 p.m. Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday at the Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts, Ziff Ballet Opera House, 1300 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; 305-949-6722 or www.arshtcenter.org; $25-$90.
One-half of the acclaimed DJ duo Deep Dish spins progressive house music in support of his new artist album "Get Wild."
Details: 11 p.m. at Mansion, 1235 Washington Ave., Miami Beach; 305-532-1525 or www.wantickets.com; $20.
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Tonight: 'Bourbon & Beats' at Radio Bar in South Beach with hard-to-find Pappy Van Winkle 15-year
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - March 7 - 9
- Miami DJs unite for a Sunday party series at Will Call debuting on the anniversary of Biggie Smalls' death
- SushiSamba celebrates Brazil's Carnaval on Lincoln Road and in Coral Gables on Tuesday night with live samba dancing, batucada drummers, DJs and specialty cocktails
- Coming soon to Wynwood: a craft beer bar called KUSH
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 28 - March 2
- Beloved South Beach DJ Mark Leventhal dies at 50 after nearly one month in the hospital