Weekend Ticket - 10/16 through 10/18
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 16
FREE FOR ALL
IMAGES FROM SPACE
Southern Cross Astros hosts this NASA program revealing daring spacewalks during final repairs of the Hubble Space Telescope.
Details: 8:15 at the FIU Physics Building, CP-145, Maidique Campus, 11200 SW 8th St., Miami; 305-661-1375 or www.scas.org.
It's that time of year for great-tasting, robust beer, plus German food and live music.
Details: 6 p.m.-midnight Friday, noon-midnight Saturday and noon-10 p.m. Sunday (same hours Oct. 23-25) at the German American Social Club of Miami, 11919 SW 56th St., Miami; 305-552-5123 or www.germanamericanclub-miami.org; $10 adults, $1 ages 13-20, kids 12 and under free.
DAVE BARRY AND RIDLEY PEARSON
Aarrrr! Authors celebrate the book launch of "Peter and the Sword of Mercy," their latest work in the series imagining Peter Pan as a young lad. Pirate costume contest and games beginning at 6 p.m. in the courtyard.
Details: Authors appear at 7 p.m. at Books & Books, 265 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 305-442-4408 or www.booksandbooks.com; free.
Emmy Award-winning lunatic comedian has been cracking crowds up with his impersonations, caricatures of nightclub singers and his "man on the street" interviews for more than 25 years.
Details: 8 p.m. at Kitchen 305 at Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort, 16701 Collins Ave., Sunny Isles Beach; 305-749-2110; $25.
New York post-punk group tours in support of its upcoming album "Stir the Blood," with Living Things and The Dustys opening.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Hwy., Fort Lauderdale, 954-564-1074 or www.cultureroom.net; $19.99.
FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 17
DOWN THE RABBIT HOLE
"ALICE IN WONDERLAND"
British composer and lyricist Paul Boyd's musical version of Lewis Carroll's beloved books.
Details: 2 p.m. every Saturday through Nov. 7 at Actors' Playhouse at the Miracle Theatre, 280 Miracle Mile, Coral Gables; 305-444-9293 or www.actorsplayhouse.org; $15.
"TIME WELL WASTED"
Country legend teams up with Dierks Bentley and Jimmy Wayne for the "American Saturday Night" tour.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at Cruzan Amphitheatre, 601-7 Sansbury's Way, West Palm Beach; LiveNation.com; $25.50-$53.50, four-pack $86.20.
Reclusive poet, novelist and Rock & Roll Hall of Fame member draws upon his vast, critically acclaimed career.
Details: 8 p.m. at the BankAtlantic Center, 1 Panther Pkwy., Sunrise; Ticketmaster; $19.50-$252.75.
FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 18
Bring your own kite or buy one at the site and enjoy competitions, kite-building classes and random candy-drops.
Details: Noon-5 p.m. at Haulover Beach Park, 10800 Collins Ave., Haulover; 305-893-0906; free.
MUJER DE FUEGO
Grammy-winning Puerto Rican merengue singer lives up to her nickname, "Woman of Fire."
Details: 7 p.m. at the at the Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood; Ticketmaster; $50-$100.
SHAKE YOUR GROOVE THING
LOS AMIGOS INVISIBLES
Venezuelan disco-funk band performs in support of its new album, "Comercial"; Soniko and Afrobeta open.
Details: 8 p.m. at Kukaramakara, 60 NE 11th St., downtown Miami; 305-733-5522 or www.wantickets.com; $25.
THE MELODY OF RHYTHM
BELA FLECK, ZAKIR HUSSAIN AND EDGAR MEYER
Trio performs triple concerto for banjo, tabla and double bass; presented by the Rhythm Foundation.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Gusman Center for the Performing Arts, 174 E. Flagler St., downtown Miami; Ticketmaster; $20-$50.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival