Weekend Ticket - 10/2 through 10/4
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2
THREE DAYS OF ANIMATED BLISS
Cartoon, comic book and video game fans won't want to miss this bonanza, featuring more than 150 vendors, plus cast reunions of "Pinky & The Brain" and "Futurama" and the talent behind "Family Guy," "Ren & Stimpy," "The Simpsons," "Transformers" and many more.
Details: 3:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday,11 a.m.-2 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday at the Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel & Convention Center, 711 NW 72nd Ave., Miami; www.animationsupercon.com; $20-$25 single day, $35-$40 three-day pass.
See "Baby Bottle" and many more works by Colombian artist who uses found objects to create eerie pieces that take a jarring approach to familiar topics.
Details: 6-9 p.m., running through Oct. 30 at the Consulate of Colombia, 280 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 917-295-0191 or www.ceciliamyart.com; free.
THIRD EYE BLIND
San Francisco band performs hits including "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Deep Inside of You," plus tracks from the new album "Ursa Major."
Details: 7 p.m. at Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $24.
CRACKING THE CODE
Three chances to see South Florida choral ensemble take on "The Musical Da Vinci Code: A Musician, a Message and a Pope."
Details: 7:30 p.m. Friday at the First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables, 536 Coral Way; 8 p.m. Saturday at All Saints Episcopal Church, 333 Tarpon Dr., Fort Lauderdale; and 4 p.m. Sunday at Miami Beach Community Church, 1620 Drexel Ave.; 888-544-FIRE or www.seraphicfire.org; $35.
JAM ON IT
THE HEAVY PETS
Jam-band festival fave has performed at Bonnaroo and Moe.Down; this is its last South Florida show before going on tour with The Brew and Particle.
Details: 10 p.m. at Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-1198; $6.
FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3
Nu-wave band from Las Vegas performs hits including "Somebody Told Me" and "Mr. Brightside"; opening is Brroklyn synth-pop trio Chairlift.
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Ticketmaster; $32.25-$47.25.
Heavy metal legend takes a break from playing golf (really - he's good!) to perform epic hits including "School's Out" and "I'm Eighteen."
Details: 8 p.m. at Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE Sixth St.; LiveNation.com; $35.50-$45.50.
FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4
A TASTE OF VIETNAM
VIETNAMESE VARIETY SHOW
MFC Media (Music, Fashion and Comedy) kicks off event featuring past and present Miss Vietnam winners, Vietnamese supermodels, live music, dancing and fashion designers.
Details: 5:30 p.m. at the at the Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; Ticketmaster; $50-$200.
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 25-27
- Mad Decent Block Party tour kicks off in Fort Lauderdale
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday