Weekend Ticket - 10/2 through 10/4
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2
THREE DAYS OF ANIMATED BLISS
Cartoon, comic book and video game fans won't want to miss this bonanza, featuring more than 150 vendors, plus cast reunions of "Pinky & The Brain" and "Futurama" and the talent behind "Family Guy," "Ren & Stimpy," "The Simpsons," "Transformers" and many more.
Details: 3:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday,11 a.m.-2 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday at the Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel & Convention Center, 711 NW 72nd Ave., Miami; www.animationsupercon.com; $20-$25 single day, $35-$40 three-day pass.
See "Baby Bottle" and many more works by Colombian artist who uses found objects to create eerie pieces that take a jarring approach to familiar topics.
Details: 6-9 p.m., running through Oct. 30 at the Consulate of Colombia, 280 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 917-295-0191 or www.ceciliamyart.com; free.
THIRD EYE BLIND
San Francisco band performs hits including "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Deep Inside of You," plus tracks from the new album "Ursa Major."
Details: 7 p.m. at Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $24.
CRACKING THE CODE
Three chances to see South Florida choral ensemble take on "The Musical Da Vinci Code: A Musician, a Message and a Pope."
Details: 7:30 p.m. Friday at the First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables, 536 Coral Way; 8 p.m. Saturday at All Saints Episcopal Church, 333 Tarpon Dr., Fort Lauderdale; and 4 p.m. Sunday at Miami Beach Community Church, 1620 Drexel Ave.; 888-544-FIRE or www.seraphicfire.org; $35.
JAM ON IT
THE HEAVY PETS
Jam-band festival fave has performed at Bonnaroo and Moe.Down; this is its last South Florida show before going on tour with The Brew and Particle.
Details: 10 p.m. at Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-1198; $6.
FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3
Nu-wave band from Las Vegas performs hits including "Somebody Told Me" and "Mr. Brightside"; opening is Brroklyn synth-pop trio Chairlift.
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Ticketmaster; $32.25-$47.25.
Heavy metal legend takes a break from playing golf (really - he's good!) to perform epic hits including "School's Out" and "I'm Eighteen."
Details: 8 p.m. at Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE Sixth St.; LiveNation.com; $35.50-$45.50.
FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4
A TASTE OF VIETNAM
VIETNAMESE VARIETY SHOW
MFC Media (Music, Fashion and Comedy) kicks off event featuring past and present Miss Vietnam winners, Vietnamese supermodels, live music, dancing and fashion designers.
Details: 5:30 p.m. at the at the Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; Ticketmaster; $50-$200.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Plans emerge to save Miami's oldest bar as owners announce sale of Tobacco Road
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival