Weekend Ticket - 10/2 through 10/4
Here are some ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FOR FRIDAY, OCTOBER 2
THREE DAYS OF ANIMATED BLISS
Cartoon, comic book and video game fans won't want to miss this bonanza, featuring more than 150 vendors, plus cast reunions of "Pinky & The Brain" and "Futurama" and the talent behind "Family Guy," "Ren & Stimpy," "The Simpsons," "Transformers" and many more.
Details: 3:30 p.m.-2 a.m. Friday,11 a.m.-2 a.m. Saturday and 11 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday at the Double Tree Miami Airport Hotel & Convention Center, 711 NW 72nd Ave., Miami; www.animationsupercon.com; $20-$25 single day, $35-$40 three-day pass.
See "Baby Bottle" and many more works by Colombian artist who uses found objects to create eerie pieces that take a jarring approach to familiar topics.
Details: 6-9 p.m., running through Oct. 30 at the Consulate of Colombia, 280 Aragon Ave., Coral Gables; 917-295-0191 or www.ceciliamyart.com; free.
THIRD EYE BLIND
San Francisco band performs hits including "Semi-Charmed Life" and "Deep Inside of You," plus tracks from the new album "Ursa Major."
Details: 7 p.m. at Revolution, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; 954-727-0950 or www.jointherevolution.net; $24.
CRACKING THE CODE
Three chances to see South Florida choral ensemble take on "The Musical Da Vinci Code: A Musician, a Message and a Pope."
Details: 7:30 p.m. Friday at the First United Methodist Church of Coral Gables, 536 Coral Way; 8 p.m. Saturday at All Saints Episcopal Church, 333 Tarpon Dr., Fort Lauderdale; and 4 p.m. Sunday at Miami Beach Community Church, 1620 Drexel Ave.; 888-544-FIRE or www.seraphicfire.org; $35.
JAM ON IT
THE HEAVY PETS
Jam-band festival fave has performed at Bonnaroo and Moe.Down; this is its last South Florida show before going on tour with The Brew and Particle.
Details: 10 p.m. at Tobacco Road, 626 S. Miami Ave., Miami; 305-374-1198; $6.
FOR SATURDAY, OCTOBER 3
Nu-wave band from Las Vegas performs hits including "Somebody Told Me" and "Mr. Brightside"; opening is Brroklyn synth-pop trio Chairlift.
Details: 8 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Ticketmaster; $32.25-$47.25.
Heavy metal legend takes a break from playing golf (really - he's good!) to perform epic hits including "School's Out" and "I'm Eighteen."
Details: 8 p.m. at Pompano Beach Amphitheatre, 1806 NE Sixth St.; LiveNation.com; $35.50-$45.50.
FOR SUNDAY, OCTOBER 4
A TASTE OF VIETNAM
VIETNAMESE VARIETY SHOW
MFC Media (Music, Fashion and Comedy) kicks off event featuring past and present Miss Vietnam winners, Vietnamese supermodels, live music, dancing and fashion designers.
Details: 5:30 p.m. at the at the Hard Rock Live at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino, 1 Seminole Way, Hollywood; Ticketmaster; $50-$200.
- Velvet Underground: Slap & Tickle pops up underground at FDR and Ball & Chain throws first La Pachanga party
- Railroad Blues boasts weekend lineup of local musicians
- Club Rio offers DJs, bottle service with gaming
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 12 - 14
- Go Drink This: Sweet Tarts Cocktail
- Velvet Underground: Complimentary wine for women at (petit) Miami and Cat Shell performs at the W South Beach
- All-star team brings 'Sweet Liberty Drink and Supply Company' to South Beach in December
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - September 5 - 7
- Go Drink This: White Cosmo
- Velvet Underground: Dine in style with chef Aaron Dreilinger and Brick House launches throwback dance party series