Weekend Ticket - 02/05 through 02/07
Here's a few ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 5
Band named after the Grateful Dead's original bus from the '60s features founding members Bob Weir and Phil Lesh - you'll probably hear Weir standards such as Sugar Magnolia, One More Saturday Night and I Need a Miracle.
Details: 7 p.m. at Bayfront Park Amphitheater, 301 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; LiveNation.com; $31.50-$46.
Supreme rap lyricist performs, with opening act Goodie Mob, featuring Cee-Lo, Big Gipp, T-Mo and Khujo, who will join Nas onstage.
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 6
ROCK 'N' RIDE CAR SHOW
The day before the Super Bowl hits Miami, check out this car, bike, boat and truck show, with live music and DJs.
Details: Noon at the BankUnited Center, University of Miami, 1245 Dauer Dr., Coral Gables; 305-284-8686 or www.bankunitedcenter.com; $28.75-$52.75.
HUNGRY LIKE THE WOLVES
Do you really want to spend all your time throwing your money away on the slot machines? Take a break and groove to the sounds of Grammy-winning Tex-Mex rockers Los Lobos.
Details: 3 p.m. at the Magic City Casino, 450 NW 37th Ave., Miami; 888-56-MAGIC, 305-460-6579 or www.magiccitycasino.com; $25-$40.
TONIGHT'S GONNA BE A GOOD NIGHT
BLACK EYED PEAS
The hottest pop-hip-hop crossover band of all time performs hits including Boom Boom Pow, I Gotta Feeling, Don't Phunk With My Heart, My Humps and Where Is the Love? As an added incentive to check out the show, rapper-actor Ludacris opens.
Details: 7:30 p.m. at the AmericanAirlines Arena, 601 Biscayne Blvd., Miami; Ticketmaster; $46.50-$89.50.
Stand-up guy who also starred in the films Good Luck Chuck, Mr. Brooks and Dan In Real Life does his best to make you laugh.
Details: 8 p.m. at the BankAtlantic Center, 1 Panther Pkwy., Sunrise; Ticketmaster; $37.75-$102.75.
From 8-11 p.m., see La fiesta escondida and many more works at the opening of the Cuban artist's exhibit.
Details: Running through March 1 at Zu Galeria Fine Arts, 2248 SW 8th St., Miami; 786-443-5872 or www.zugaleria.blogspot.com; free.
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 7
Loved the film O Brother, Where Art Thou? Bring the family to revel in the bluegrass glory of the New River Boys.
Details: 12:30 p.m. at Greynolds Park, 17530 W. Dixie Hwy., Sunny Isles Beach; 305-945-3425; free.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Armin Van Buuren leaves his mark at Miami Music Week 2014