Weekend Ticket - 01/29 through 01/31
Here's a few ideas of what you could be doing this weekend.
FRIDAY, JANUARY 29
SUPER ART IN THE PARK
Super Bowl XLIV-sanctioned event features a pep rally, happy hour and live music by Fourth Dimension, Jacob Jeffries Band, Ketchy Shuby and the Spam Allstars.
Details: 6 p.m.-midnight at Ponce Circle Park, 2800 Ponce de Leon Blvd., Coral Gables; www.artintheparkconcerts.com; free.
SECOND CITY 50TH ANNIVERSARY
The SoBe Comedy Festival might be over, but the laughs don't have to stop. Legendary comedy franchise that produced such talent as John Belushi, Tina Fey, Alan Arkin and Bill Murray celebrates 50 years of hilarity.
Details: 6:30 and 9 p.m. Friday and 5 and 8:30 p.m. Saturday at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, Rinker Playhouse, 701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach; 1-800-572-8471 or www.kravis.org; $30.
JAZZ AT MOCA
Performance by Brazilian chanteuse accompanied by her husband, bossa nova guitar master Ramatis.
Details: 8 p.m. at the Museum of Contemporary Art., 770 NE 125th St., North Miami; 305-893--6211 or www.mocanomi.org; free.
IN THE HOUSE
Orlando's King of the Funky Breaks takes you back to the hazy days of the beloved club The Edge, where Revolution now resides, with the party Return to Planet E. Opening are Mike Sharpe, Stryke, Merlyn and Rob Bates.
Details: 10 p.m. at Revolution Live, 200 W. Broward Blvd., Fort Lauderdale; www.jointherevolution.net; $10-$20.
SATURDAY, JANUARY 30
MIAMI BEACH FESTIVAL OF THE ARTS
Browse juried works by more than 150 national artists at the 36th-annual event; this year's official poster is Miami Sunset, by KISS founding member Paul Stanley.
Details: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at Ocean Terrace, east of Collins Avenue between 73rd and 75th streets, Miami Beach;
305-673-7577 or www.miamibeachfestivalofthearts.com; free.
TAMIAMI INTERNATIONAL ORCHID FESTIVAL
Two days of orchid bliss brings together more than 50 international growers.
Details: 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Saturday, 10 a.m.- 6 p.m. Sunday at Tamiami Fair Grounds Fair Expo Center, Fuch's Pavilion, 10900 Coral Way; www.miamiorchidfestival.com; $7, kids under 12 free.
"POETRY ON STRINGS"
PABLO CANO AND DAVID PLUMB
Cano's artistic marionettes are matched with author Plumb's words, followed by a book signing.
Details: 3 p.m. at the Coral Springs Museum of Art, 2855 Coral Springs Dr., Coral Springs; 954-340-5000 or www.csmart.org; $5 adults, $4 seniors, $3 students, kids 12 and under free.
SUNDAY, JANUARY 31
TOYS 'R THEM
MIAMI ANTIQUE TOY SHOW
Indulge in your obsession that you're only mildly uncomfortable sharing with other adults, as dealers and collectors from all over the country converge to peddle and haggle over these precious, obsolete treasures.
Details: 10 a.m.-3 p.m. at the InterContinental West Miami Hotel, 2505 NW 87th Ave., Doral; 305-468-1400 or www.miamiantiquetoyshow.com; $5, kids 12 and under free.
- Go Drink This: SushiSamba's Pisco Sour
- Exclusive: The historic Ball and Chain bar and live music venue returns to Little Havana in September
- Velvet Underground: The Stage welcomes Big Sam's Funky Nation for 'Soulfest Weekend' plus more poolside fashion flows at Fifty Miami
- Keep the party going after the sun sets on Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Swim in Miami
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 18 - 20
- Svedka Vodka challenges bartenders nationwide to compete in the first annual Svedka Shakedown in Miami Beach
- Velvet Underground: A daytime salute to Overtown with music and art and Swim Week cascades through South Beach
- Nicole Moudaber brings her sounds to Space on Saturday
- Party with Jenny McCarthy at E11even Miami Saturday night after "Dirty Sexy Funny"
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - July 11 - 13