Weekend roundup of free or cheap events in Miami - Feb. 15-17
Miami on the Cheap gives us the scoop on this weekend's free and cheap events in Miami and Miami Beach.
With this glorious weather, who wants to be inside? We’re lucky that South Florida arts and cultural institutions give us plenty of opportunities for entertainment that don’t require going inside. Because why shouldn’t movies be shown outside, and this weekend outdoor movies are the right price: free.
To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Miami-Dade, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Watch movies on the big screen in the big sky
You have two opportunities to see free outdoor movies on the beach this weekend. North Shore Park Bandshell will be host to a screening of Iron Man 2 at 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 15. Check our schedule for future screenings. On Saturday, enjoy a screening of My Fair Lady from a couch or pillows on the sand in Bal Harbour. Popcorn is free, too. “Wouldn’t It Be Loverly?”
Free music and festival with a Haitian beat
Big Night in Little Haiti puts on a free concert series the third Friday of the month, with children’s activities as well as artists, arts and crafts and food vendors from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. This Friday’s event features JBeatz and his band Da-Beatz, MC Konpa and DJ Mack. Parking is free, too.
Free day at the Miami Children’s Museum
The Miami Children’s Museum is free the third Friday of the month, from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m. The event includes interactive exhibits, crafts, stories and a chance to tour the exhibits.
See art, meet artists, see (Passion) Red
The Bird Road Art Walk includes free art exhibitions the third Saturday of the month. Among the highlights of this week’s events is “Passion Red” presented by Miguel Rodez Art Projects.
See and Do
- Pumpkin patches, parties and trick-or-treating: Munchkin Fun's 2014 Halloween Guide
- MIFFecito: A Shot of Cinema
- Grovetoberfest brings craft beer to Miami's masses
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Two generations of Latin music-makers gather in Miami for Red Bull Siempre Fresco
- Trick or treating, holiday crafts & The Lego Movie: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- Casino Night event in Coral Gables benefits at-risk children
- The Beatles arrive at HistoryMiami
- Coral Gables Art Cinema hosts Miami International Children’s Film Festival
- 'Frida: Unmasked' explores the life of famed artist Frida Kahlo