Free or cheap events in Miami Feb. 8-10
Have fun in Miami without breaking the bank with recommendations courtesy of Miami on the Cheap.
If you like free movies, concerts and museum visits, you will be able to partake of all three this weekend in South Florida without spending a cent. To keep up with latest news on deals, discounts and free events in Miami-Dade, sign up for our newsletter. For more tips on what to do this weekend, read the frequently updated Miami on the Cheap weekend roundup of free and cheap events.
Here are Miami on the Cheap’s top picks for free and cheap weekend fun Feb. 8-10.
Make happy hour even happier with a free concert
Two of Miami’s most popular bands share the bill Friday evening as the DWNTWN Concert Series continues its lineup of free concerts (complete with food trucks and a beer garden) with the Spam Allstars and Suénalo.
Grab the kids and watch an outdoor movie
See Count Dracula as you’ve never seen him before in the hilarious, animated Hotel Transylvania on a really big screen at the City of Doral free outdoor screening at J.C. Bermudez Park.
See art, art and more art
The popular Wynwood Art Walk, as well as the Miami Design District’s Art + Design Night, are both on Saturday night. Pick one or see if you have the stamina to sample both. Remember, this is an art walk, not a rave.
Take your kids to see and create art
The Miami Art Museum is free the second Saturday of the month, with special activities for families. The Bass Museum offers free admission and free family day activities Sunday afternoon. Plus, History Miami has special family activities the second Saturday of each month. This month, kids can help paint a mural and do Haitian-themed crafts.
Get mellow with some free Mozart
The Alhambra Orchestra will present a free concert of classical music (donations accepted) at Ransom-Everglades School in Coconut Grove at 7 p.m. Sunday.
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art