Weekend Eats: Jan 8-10
What & where to eat this weekend - including a visit by Emeril.
It's a busy, chilly weekend. Time to head outside & fuel up...
- Bite into something new at one of the Magic City's latest openings. On the menu: tuffle burgers and house cured bacon fingers at Bliss Burger Bistro & Lounge (South Beach); local oysters and snapper crudo at Gibraltar (Coconut Grove); mini Kobe burgers and tuna tacos at Cafeina (Wynwood); BBQ brisket and wings at Smoke't Southern Kitchen & Tap (South Miami) and foie gras French toast and skirt steak at STK (South Beach). More details on each coming soon.
- Bundle up and dine al fresco tonight (Fri, Jan 8) as the Gables celebrates its second monthly Giralda Under the Stars. From 6pm to midnight, the 100 block of Giralda (from Ponce to Galiano) will be closed to autos as 11 restaurants head to the street for outdoor dining and live music. We’ve got our eyes on Bangkok Bangkok, Spris, Talavera and Il Grissino.
- Become a lady (or gent) who lunches tomorrow (Sat, Jan 9) as the Biltmore hosts a culinary demo & interactive lunch with chef Didier Lailheugue of Au Pied de Cochon at noon. Feast on French classics, pick up a few tips and idle away the afternoon. $52 members, $65 non-members. Call 305-913-3203 for info & reservations.
- Also tomorrow, Emeril Lagasse takes the stage at the finale of the Arsht Center’s Celebrity Chef series. Expect Q&A, antics and lots of sound effects as Emeril demonstrates some of his favorite recipes using local ingredients. Tickets start at $25, click here for info.
- Bring your appetite to Peacock Park Saturday or Sunday and head to the 20th annual Great Taste of the Grove. Over a dozen restaurants are dishing out their best and brightest for $1-$8 during the two-day food & music festival.
- The Federal and Haven team up for a Halloween-inspired menu
- Izzy's Fish & Oyster to swim in to South Beach
- What's the Best? South Florida restaurants with a view
- Amaize, an arepa-teria, to open in Doral
- The List: Eating in Miami with Miguel Aguilar
- Celebrate Halloween early at Tongue & Cheek's Saturday brunch
- 'Top Chef' favorite Fabio Viviani gives Miami recipes today, food next month
- Guide to South Florida's October wine and beer dinners
- Michelle Bernstein taps Steven Rojas as Seagrape's chef de cuisine
- Esquire's new restaurant guru is a Miami homeboy