Wear sunscreen in honor of Melanoma Monday
Now you have another reason to have a case of the Mondays.
Your weekend is over and you have to be alert about your skin's health. May 6 is Melanoma Monday, or in other words, the day to be vigilant about your face and other body parts so that you will never develop skin cancer. Or if you have it, you will get it taken care of immediately. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime, it is estimated. But the five-year survival rate for people whose melanoma is detected and treated before it spreads to the lymph nodes is 98 percent. One of the ways you can participate is to wear orange, and wear gobs of SPF always, says Dr. Flor Mayoral.
Dr. Alicia Barba is a fan of Skinceuticals, which has an SPF 50 tinted moisturizer.
Visit SpotSkinCancer.org/SPOTOrange for additional resources.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'