Wear sunscreen in honor of Melanoma Monday
Now you have another reason to have a case of the Mondays.
Your weekend is over and you have to be alert about your skin's health. May 6 is Melanoma Monday, or in other words, the day to be vigilant about your face and other body parts so that you will never develop skin cancer. Or if you have it, you will get it taken care of immediately. One in five Americans will develop skin cancer in their lifetime, it is estimated. But the five-year survival rate for people whose melanoma is detected and treated before it spreads to the lymph nodes is 98 percent. One of the ways you can participate is to wear orange, and wear gobs of SPF always, says Dr. Flor Mayoral.
Dr. Alicia Barba is a fan of Skinceuticals, which has an SPF 50 tinted moisturizer.
Visit SpotSkinCancer.org/SPOTOrange for additional resources.
On Our Radar
- Paris Hilton to DJ Saturday night at WALL
- Madonna concert dates in Miami changed
- Christina Milian models in Miami Beach
- What's up with Ryan Tannehill's mega contract?
- Instacart: An easier way to get groceries?
- Tony Romo eats his way through Miami
- Phil Collins in town
- Adrian Grenier guest of honor at magazine party
- Kings of Chaos at Hard Rock Live
- Joe Pepitone biopic penned by local screenwriters