We All Shine On
Check out the artwork of John Lennon in Miami Beach this Friday, January 15th-17th.
1620 Drexel Ave.
Miami Beach Community Church
(Corner of Drexel Ave. & Lincoln Rd.)
Miami Beach, 33139
By Solange Reyner
Check out the artwork of John Lennon in Miami Beach this Friday, January 15th-17th. The touring exhibition, dubbed "We All Shine On," includes over 100 pieces of art created by the former legendary songwriter, rock musician and activist from 1968 through 1980.
There's work from his "Bag-One" suite (those erotic lithographs that got him plenty of buzz), and serigraphs, copper etchings and aqua tints. It's being held at the Miami Beach Community Church - and you can see it all for a $2 donation. And this one's for a good cause - the money goes to Adopt-A-Classroom. Times are below:
Friday - noon to 9 p.m.
Saturday - noon to 8 p.m.
Sunday - 1 to 7 p.m.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14