We All Shine On
Check out the artwork of John Lennon in Miami Beach this Friday, January 15th-17th.
1620 Drexel Ave.
Miami Beach Community Church
(Corner of Drexel Ave. & Lincoln Rd.)
Miami Beach, 33139
By Solange Reyner
Check out the artwork of John Lennon in Miami Beach this Friday, January 15th-17th. The touring exhibition, dubbed "We All Shine On," includes over 100 pieces of art created by the former legendary songwriter, rock musician and activist from 1968 through 1980.
There's work from his "Bag-One" suite (those erotic lithographs that got him plenty of buzz), and serigraphs, copper etchings and aqua tints. It's being held at the Miami Beach Community Church - and you can see it all for a $2 donation. And this one's for a good cause - the money goes to Adopt-A-Classroom. Times are below:
Friday - noon to 9 p.m.
Saturday - noon to 8 p.m.
Sunday - 1 to 7 p.m.
See and Do
- Port-au-Prince Jazz fest comes to Little Haiti Cultural Center
- Disney's 'Worlds of Fantasy' skates into Miami
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays
- Disney on Ice giveaways, kids cooking & freebie fun: Munchkin Fun's top picks for the week
- PAMM hosts monthly Free Second Saturdays event
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 12-14
- Jungle Island plans giant transformation
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 5-7
- Free admission to Jungle Island for South Florida kids through September
- Coral Gables Museum hosts 'The Big One', a collection of Hurricane Andrew photos