Watch party for local 'SYTYCD' star
Dance studio celebrates Ricky Ubeda's success
Ricky Ubeda is officially in the Top 20 of Fox’s competition So You Think You Can Dance. Even if he doesn’t win the whole Season 11 shebang, being on the reality hit is a dream come true for the incredibly lithe contemporary dancer, who just graduated from Coral Reef High School. “I’ve been watching this show since I was a wee little guy,” Ubeda says on his audition tape. “Now it’s time to step up.”
See Ricky live at 8 p.m. Wednesday on Fox or at a free watch party over at Stars Dance Studio Miami, where he practices. In attendance will be fellow dancers Julian Mireles, Cristina Moya and Samantha Perez, who were since eliminated from the televised contest; as well as Victor Smalley, a choreographer who co-owns the studio. Smalley appeared in both season 6 of SYTYCD and Lifetime’s Dance Moms Miami with fellow co-owner Angel Armas.
The party starts at 6:30 p.m.; 13984 SW Eighth St., Miami. More info: 305-485-STAR (7827).
On Our Radar
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau