Watch party for local 'SYTYCD' star
Dance studio celebrates Ricky Ubeda's success
Ricky Ubeda is officially in the Top 20 of Fox’s competition So You Think You Can Dance. Even if he doesn’t win the whole Season 11 shebang, being on the reality hit is a dream come true for the incredibly lithe contemporary dancer, who just graduated from Coral Reef High School. “I’ve been watching this show since I was a wee little guy,” Ubeda says on his audition tape. “Now it’s time to step up.”
See Ricky live at 8 p.m. Wednesday on Fox or at a free watch party over at Stars Dance Studio Miami, where he practices. In attendance will be fellow dancers Julian Mireles, Cristina Moya and Samantha Perez, who were since eliminated from the televised contest; as well as Victor Smalley, a choreographer who co-owns the studio. Smalley appeared in both season 6 of SYTYCD and Lifetime’s Dance Moms Miami with fellow co-owner Angel Armas.
The party starts at 6:30 p.m.; 13984 SW Eighth St., Miami. More info: 305-485-STAR (7827).
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit