Watch party for local 'SYTYCD' star
Dance studio celebrates Ricky Ubeda's success
Ricky Ubeda is officially in the Top 20 of Fox’s competition So You Think You Can Dance. Even if he doesn’t win the whole Season 11 shebang, being on the reality hit is a dream come true for the incredibly lithe contemporary dancer, who just graduated from Coral Reef High School. “I’ve been watching this show since I was a wee little guy,” Ubeda says on his audition tape. “Now it’s time to step up.”
See Ricky live at 8 p.m. Wednesday on Fox or at a free watch party over at Stars Dance Studio Miami, where he practices. In attendance will be fellow dancers Julian Mireles, Cristina Moya and Samantha Perez, who were since eliminated from the televised contest; as well as Victor Smalley, a choreographer who co-owns the studio. Smalley appeared in both season 6 of SYTYCD and Lifetime’s Dance Moms Miami with fellow co-owner Angel Armas.
The party starts at 6:30 p.m.; 13984 SW Eighth St., Miami. More info: 305-485-STAR (7827).
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too