Are you a loyal fan, but don't want to watch the game alone at home? Join your compadres at these college football watch parties!
By Solange Reyner
Are you a loyal fan and don't want to sit at home alone to cheer on your college team? Join your compadres at these watch parties!
University of Alabama
Crimson Tide fans should make their way to Dan Marino’s Steakhouse in Coral Gables for an all-Alabama festivity. Be sure to call or e-mail ahead, though, as the local chapter president likes to have a head count.
Dan Marino’s Steakhouse is located at 5701 Sunset Drive in Miami
Call 305-972-5498 or e-mail email@example.com to let them know you’re coming.
University of Florida
Gator fans have plenty of choices. There’s Bru’s Room in Pompano Beach, Carolina Ale House in Weston, and The Club in Gulfstream Park – and that’s only in Broward County.
In Dade, The Sports Exchange in Miracle Mile and Shula's Steak 2 are Gator friendly locations.
The parties are open to everyone and members of the alumni association get discounts on food. They also have giveaways, raffles, food and drink specials, and games.
Bru’s Room is located at 235 South Federal Highway in Pompano
Carolina Ale House is located at 2618 Weston Rd in Weston
The Club is located at 901 S Federal Hwy in Hallandale Beach
Shula’s Steak 2 is located at 6842 Main Street in Miami Lakes
The Sports Exchange is located at 45 Miracle Mile in Coral Gables
Florida State University
The local chapter had to find an additional site because of the fan interest increase. You can watch the Seminoles at two South Florida locations:
Game Works is located at 5701 Sunset Place in South Miami &
CJ’s Crab Shack is on 600 Ocean Drive in Miami Beach
University of Notre Dame
There are only 2-3 of these per season down here (and one site) because the local Fighting Irish fans make it a point to watch the team in person, so contact the local chapter before heading out.
Bonefish Mac is located at 2002 East Sample Road in Lighthouse Point
Go to the following site for more info: http://www.alumni.nd.edu/site/apps/kb/cs/contactsearch.asp?c=luIZLdMOJpE&b=2704835&state=fl&submit=submit
Pennsylvania State University
Hit up The World Famous Parrot Lounge on Fort Lauderdale beach for a complete Nittany Lions experience. This bar is full of Penn State paraphernalia, with the Nittany Lion and the signature saying “We are Penn State” painted across one wall.
The World Famous Parrot Lounge is located at 911 Sunrise Lane in Fort Lauderdale
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs