Bartenders host charity softball game in Miami Beach
Proceeds benefit Alonzo Mourning’s Overtown Youth Center
USBG Miami's Come Out and Play
Sunday, June 8 12-7pm
999 11 St, Miami Beach
Watch, donate and drink on Sunday, June 8, as the Miami chapter of the United States Bartenders Guild hosts its second charity softball game from noon to 7 p.m. at Flamingo Park in Miami Beach.
Last year's “Come Out and Play” game raised $4,500 for One Fund Boston. This year's proceeds will benefit Alonzo Mourning’s Overtown Youth Center.
Four teams will square off in a round-robin-style tourney. This year's lineup includes bartenders from The Broken Shaker, Blackbird Ordinary, The Regent Cocktail Club, Lure Fishbar and Haven. Watch for free with spiked punch, food and T-shirts available for donations.
- New chef, hot-stone concept at Seasalt & Pepper
- NY-based Quality Meats to open Miami Beach steakhouse
- Miami's rising culinary stars: 30 Under 30
- Michelle Bernstein to pop up at Art Basel 2014
- The List: Rocco's Tacos' Rocco Mangel
- For Michael Mina's ninja-chef, freaking out is not an option
- Thanksgiving 2014: South Florida Dining Guide
- Chef Brad Kilgore to open Alter restaurant in Wynwood
- Secretive "Dîner en Blanc" coming in December
- SooWoo to sling late-night noodles, weekend dim sum in South Beach