Bartenders host charity softball game in Miami Beach
Proceeds benefit Alonzo Mourning’s Overtown Youth Center
Watch, donate and drink on Sunday, June 8, as the Miami chapter of the United States Bartenders Guild hosts its second charity softball game from noon to 7 p.m. at Flamingo Park in Miami Beach.
Last year's “Come Out and Play” game raised $4,500 for One Fund Boston. This year's proceeds will benefit Alonzo Mourning’s Overtown Youth Center.
Four teams will square off in a round-robin-style tourney. This year's lineup includes bartenders from The Broken Shaker, Blackbird Ordinary, The Regent Cocktail Club, Lure Fishbar and Haven. Watch for free with spiked punch, food and T-shirts available for donations.
USBG Miami's Come Out and Play
Sunday, June 8 12-7pm
999 11 St, Miami Beach
- Food truck fiasco: How one man preyed on Miami dreamers
- How eating at a Miami Italian restaurant can aid Italy earthquake relief
- What chefs, authors the Miami Book Fair has for food lovers
- This renovated firehouse with two names has become a Brickell staple
- Miami's favorite croquetas by Yelpers in honor of Croquetapalooza
- 5 fun foodie activities to do with kids in Miami
- Wynwood businesses reopen after Zika scare
- Michy fans: Fried chicken is back
- Grandma's recipes play into new Estefan Kitchen
- This "clean eating" South Beach restaurant to open Brickell spot