Bartenders host charity softball game in Miami Beach
Proceeds benefit Alonzo Mourning’s Overtown Youth Center
Watch, donate and drink on Sunday, June 8, as the Miami chapter of the United States Bartenders Guild hosts its second charity softball game from noon to 7 p.m. at Flamingo Park in Miami Beach.
Last year's “Come Out and Play” game raised $4,500 for One Fund Boston. This year's proceeds will benefit Alonzo Mourning’s Overtown Youth Center.
Four teams will square off in a round-robin-style tourney. This year's lineup includes bartenders from The Broken Shaker, Blackbird Ordinary, The Regent Cocktail Club, Lure Fishbar and Haven. Watch for free with spiked punch, food and T-shirts available for donations.
USBG Miami's Come Out and Play
Sunday, June 8 12-7pm
999 11 St, Miami Beach
- Zak the Baker closed, reopens Friday
- "Celebrity" status won't get you into Eating House's sold-out 4/20 dinner
- 10 New Restaurants Coming Soon to Downtown Doral
- Game of Thrones-inspired dishes at Beaker & Gray
- O, Miami poetry shows up in local food
- Two for one: Barley chef to open pizza pop up in Dadeland
- Balans restaurant owner found dead
- Which Miami seafood chef won last weekend's pork cooking competition?
- New menu for Raleigh Hotel restaurant
- This Miami chef was named Food & Wine best new chef