Warrior Dash puts the fit and the furious to the test
You think you're fit? Try slogging through mud, jumping over fire and climbing walls at Warrior Dash, coming to Hialeah this weekend.
Remember Demi Moore and her rigorous G.I. Jane boot camp training? Or Rocky IV, where Sly Stallone is out in the Soviet sticks using nature as his gym? You can indulge that same romantic image of the mud-soaked warrior battling all obstacles that nature and the human mind can throw at you at the the Warrior Dash, the mother of all obstacle races.
The event takes place Saturday, Nov. 10 in Amelia Earhart Park (401 E 65 St., Hialeah) and includes 3.23 hellish miles of spirit-crushing, angst-inducing, can't-go-on obstacles that will put even the Crossfit fanatics to the test.
The run includes events like the Junkyard Jump, a stampede through a scrapyard; a trudge through waist-high water and over logs called the Deadweight Drifter; the Leader's Ledge, where participants have to walk along a ledge and avoid falling into a water pit below; the Mud Mound, where warriors must slog through slippery mud; and try not to get poked at Muddy Mayhem, a belly slide beneath barbed wires before the finish line. In all, there are 12 challenges throughout the race, each uniquely qualified to make you want to pack up and go home.
Races will begin at 10 a.m. and run every half-hour until 2:30 p.m. The cost is $80 and a waiver must be signed before you expose yourself to ridiculous opportunities for injury.
Saturday, Nov. 10; races every half hour from 10 a.m.-2:30 p.m.
Amelia Earhart Park, 401 E 65 St., Hialeah
$80 to participate
Info at www.warriordash.com
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- Friends of The Underline hosts #PokemonGoUnderline social media contest
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami