The Wailers perform free concert at Olympia Theater in DWNTWN Miami
Show with Jahfe is part of DWNTWN Concert Series on Friday, Aug. 10
Reggae lovers won’t have to wait in vain any longer.
The Wailers, legends in roots-rock-reggae, are set to perform in the DWNTWN Concert Series with an opening set by local reggae talent Jahfe at a free show on Friday, Aug. 10.
There will be limited seating for the show at the Olympia Theater (174 E. Flagler Ave., Miami). Doors open at 7 p.m., so best to get there early if you want to get a seat.
The days of Peter Tosh, Bob Marley and Bunny Wailer performing with The Wailers are long gone, but an integral part of the band's core is still Jammin’, Aston ‘Family Man’ Barrett.
Barrett, the bassist, has been keeping the legend of the Wailers alive since his recruitment into the band in 1969 by Bob, Peter and Bunny. These days the leading vocals are coming from Jamaican reggae star Koolant. Since 2010 he has been adding his own style to the music while holding on to the traditional sound known to the Wailers. Koolant came to the band after making a cameo performance in the film 'Made In Jamaica' and after his single, Rat Race, took off.
The show openers, Jahfe, have been building up popularity playing shows in Miami, across the country and in Europe. The band recently released a new album Reggae Wave and has shared the stage with Marley brothers Damien, Stephen, Julian and Ky-Mani, Steel Pulse, Buju Banton, Capleton, Nas, Johnny Dread, and others.
Music in Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- Joe Jonas talks DNCE, growing up Disney and his favorite place to party in Miami
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions