The Wailers perform free concert at Olympia Theater in DWNTWN Miami
Show with Jahfe is part of DWNTWN Concert Series on Friday, Aug. 10
Reggae lovers won’t have to wait in vain any longer.
The Wailers, legends in roots-rock-reggae, are set to perform in the DWNTWN Concert Series with an opening set by local reggae talent Jahfe at a free show on Friday, Aug. 10.
There will be limited seating for the show at the Olympia Theater (174 E. Flagler Ave., Miami). Doors open at 7 p.m., so best to get there early if you want to get a seat.
The days of Peter Tosh, Bob Marley and Bunny Wailer performing with The Wailers are long gone, but an integral part of the band's core is still Jammin’, Aston ‘Family Man’ Barrett.
Barrett, the bassist, has been keeping the legend of the Wailers alive since his recruitment into the band in 1969 by Bob, Peter and Bunny. These days the leading vocals are coming from Jamaican reggae star Koolant. Since 2010 he has been adding his own style to the music while holding on to the traditional sound known to the Wailers. Koolant came to the band after making a cameo performance in the film 'Made In Jamaica' and after his single, Rat Race, took off.
The show openers, Jahfe, have been building up popularity playing shows in Miami, across the country and in Europe. The band recently released a new album Reggae Wave and has shared the stage with Marley brothers Damien, Stephen, Julian and Ky-Mani, Steel Pulse, Buju Banton, Capleton, Nas, Johnny Dread, and others.
Music in Miami
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19
- Nick Jonas heads to Miami to perform sexy R&B hits
- Lazy Sunday takes on a new meaning with Fool's Gold Day Off music event
- Dweezil Zappa honors his father's legacy in South Florida concert
- Rick Springfield brings tour to South Florida
- Amtrac Takes Over Basement This Friday, August 28
- The Mowgli’s play two free pop-up sets on Miami Beach on Monday
- Life In Color Early Bird Tickets Are Now On Sale
- Concert Review: Ariana Grande's tour stops in South Florida for an energetic homecoming
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture Kicks Off Independence Day Weekend with Nora En Pure