Virginia Key Grassroots Festival features local bands
Four-day event offers camping, concerts
Grab a tent and roll up your sleeping bag because ArtOfficial, Locos Por Juana, Araka, Elastic Bond, Spam Allstars and four days worth of other talented bands will be performing at the Virginia Key Grassroots Festival, Feb. 21-24, on historic Virginia Key.
There will be art, daily yoga sessions by the Zen Village of Coconut Grove, plenty of camping space and a whole lot of dancing.
Just the second year in Miami, the Grassroots Festival got its start in 1990 by a group of musician with a lot of music-loving friends in Ithaca, NY. You can expect a whole variety of music (blues, reggae, hip-hop, jazz, and funk) such as the amped up hip-hop sound of the local ensemble ArtOfficial, or Grassroots veteran Donna the Buffalo who blends sounds of Cajun, reggae and country.
The event is good for the entire family and supports local music. There will be a kids village to help keep the youngsters preoccupied.
Four day adult passes are $100 in advance, and $120 at the gate. Kids tickets are $50.
Camping is extra. Tent camping which includes one tent up to 10x10 is $50; vehicle camping is $100 and allows one tent; RVs are $150. Single day camping is $25 and $50 for tent and vehicle, respectively.
For more information visit: www.virginiakeygrassroots.org
Virginia Key Grassroots Lineup:
Araka, ArtOfficial, Call 2 Rise, Driftwood, Elastic Bond, Equanimous Minds, Greg Humphreys, Jose Conde, Lizzy Ross, Locos Por Juana, MC Yogi, Miami Trio, Nag Champayons, The Resolvers, Revelation Mizik, Rusted Root, Spam Allstar, Suenalo, Uproot Hootenanny.
Music in Miami
- Revew: Ray Lamontagne pours his blues-filled soul over Miami Beach
- J-Lo, Neon Trees and sexy summer bodies ruled Saturday night's iHeartRadio Ultimate Pool Party
- Review: Beyonce and Jay Z concert is an expert exercise in fabulosity and pop myth-making.
- Jack White to play Fillmore Miami Beach in September
- 2014 Summer Music Concert Guide for Miami and South Florida
- Review: Romeo Santos seduces Miami at AmericanAirlines Arena concert
- Review: Morrissey shows his talents remain in fine form at sold-out concert at Arsht Center
- Neon Trees performs in South Florida
- Review: Lady Antebellum swoons crowd at Seminole Hard Rock concert
- Indie-rockers The Head and The Heart in Miami