Virginia Key Grassroots Festival features local bands
Four-day event offers camping, concerts
Grab a tent and roll up your sleeping bag because ArtOfficial, Locos Por Juana, Araka, Elastic Bond, Spam Allstars and four days worth of other talented bands will be performing at the Virginia Key Grassroots Festival, Feb. 21-24, on historic Virginia Key.
There will be art, daily yoga sessions by the Zen Village of Coconut Grove, plenty of camping space and a whole lot of dancing.
Just the second year in Miami, the Grassroots Festival got its start in 1990 by a group of musician with a lot of music-loving friends in Ithaca, NY. You can expect a whole variety of music (blues, reggae, hip-hop, jazz, and funk) such as the amped up hip-hop sound of the local ensemble ArtOfficial, or Grassroots veteran Donna the Buffalo who blends sounds of Cajun, reggae and country.
The event is good for the entire family and supports local music. There will be a kids village to help keep the youngsters preoccupied.
Four day adult passes are $100 in advance, and $120 at the gate. Kids tickets are $50.
Camping is extra. Tent camping which includes one tent up to 10x10 is $50; vehicle camping is $100 and allows one tent; RVs are $150. Single day camping is $25 and $50 for tent and vehicle, respectively.
For more information visit: www.virginiakeygrassroots.org
Virginia Key Grassroots Lineup:
Araka, ArtOfficial, Call 2 Rise, Driftwood, Elastic Bond, Equanimous Minds, Greg Humphreys, Jose Conde, Lizzy Ross, Locos Por Juana, MC Yogi, Miami Trio, Nag Champayons, The Resolvers, Revelation Mizik, Rusted Root, Spam Allstar, Suenalo, Uproot Hootenanny.
Music in Miami
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions
- 9 signs you’re addicted to Bruce Springsteen
- Aretha Franklin joins Usher, Janelle Monae at 2016 Jazz in the Gardens Music Festival
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know about Iggy Pop
- Miami’s Nu Deco Ensemble reimagines classical music for modern listeners
- Review: Madonna brings a heartfelt, personal touch to her Miami concert