VIP treatment at Kooza
Tapis Rouge tent the place to be
It's dress-up time for some folks hitting Kooza, the latest Cirque de Soleil spectacle at Bicentennial Park. Well, the pre-show, that is. In the special, super exclusive VIP tent, Tapis Rouge (‘‘red carpet'' in French), Kooza-goers are treated to the opposite of popcorn and hotdogs. Think wine, champagne and high-end eats like sliced prime rib, mushroom tartlets, cheeses, fruits and passed hors d'oeuvres like shrimp on a stick and caviar. It's comfy, too. Seat yourself on plush red banquettes as images of the show play on the ceiling. There are private restrooms and a lounge out back. Pricing is steep for this extra option (about $100 extra), but if you want a velvet-rope experience, it's the place to be.
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht