Viewing party for new reality show '72 Hours'
Garfield Griffiths is used to slugging things out for a living. One of the Weston resident’s day jobs is organizing down and dirty (literally) 5K obstacle courses for Mudmingle.com. But appearing as a contestant on 72 Hours, TNT’s new survival competition debuting 9 p.m. Thursday, definitely had its unique challenges. The premise: Nine fearless souls get dropped by helicopter into the middle of nowhere with only a bottle of water and GPS device. The goal for each team of three: Find the suitcase filled with $100,000 first and it’s yours to keep. Griffiths, 45, had an advantage. The former DJ is pretty fit, thanks also to teaching Israeli martial arts, called Krav Maga, at Karate America in Weston. “I’m used to running and jumping around and doing crazy things,” says the Englishman (wearing cami shorts in the picture).
Meet Garfield as well as possibly other local cast members Gil Gutierrez, whose episode in Tasmania airs June 27, and Lissy Smith (“The Rockies,” Aug, 1) at a viewing party starting at 8 p.m. Thursday at Kingshead Pub Restaurant & British Market, 2692 N. University Dr., Sunrise. 954-572-5933.
On Our Radar
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit
- Sir Richard Branson takes in Formula E