Viewing party for new reality show '72 Hours'
Garfield Griffiths is used to slugging things out for a living. One of the Weston resident’s day jobs is organizing down and dirty (literally) 5K obstacle courses for Mudmingle.com. But appearing as a contestant on 72 Hours, TNT’s new survival competition debuting 9 p.m. Thursday, definitely had its unique challenges. The premise: Nine fearless souls get dropped by helicopter into the middle of nowhere with only a bottle of water and GPS device. The goal for each team of three: Find the suitcase filled with $100,000 first and it’s yours to keep. Griffiths, 45, had an advantage. The former DJ is pretty fit, thanks also to teaching Israeli martial arts, called Krav Maga, at Karate America in Weston. “I’m used to running and jumping around and doing crazy things,” says the Englishman (wearing cami shorts in the picture).
Meet Garfield as well as possibly other local cast members Gil Gutierrez, whose episode in Tasmania airs June 27, and Lissy Smith (“The Rockies,” Aug, 1) at a viewing party starting at 8 p.m. Thursday at Kingshead Pub Restaurant & British Market, 2692 N. University Dr., Sunrise. 954-572-5933.
On Our Radar
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out