Viewing party for new reality show '72 Hours'
Garfield Griffiths is used to slugging things out for a living. One of the Weston resident’s day jobs is organizing down and dirty (literally) 5K obstacle courses for Mudmingle.com. But appearing as a contestant on 72 Hours, TNT’s new survival competition debuting 9 p.m. Thursday, definitely had its unique challenges. The premise: Nine fearless souls get dropped by helicopter into the middle of nowhere with only a bottle of water and GPS device. The goal for each team of three: Find the suitcase filled with $100,000 first and it’s yours to keep. Griffiths, 45, had an advantage. The former DJ is pretty fit, thanks also to teaching Israeli martial arts, called Krav Maga, at Karate America in Weston. “I’m used to running and jumping around and doing crazy things,” says the Englishman (wearing cami shorts in the picture).
Meet Garfield as well as possibly other local cast members Gil Gutierrez, whose episode in Tasmania airs June 27, and Lissy Smith (“The Rockies,” Aug, 1) at a viewing party starting at 8 p.m. Thursday at Kingshead Pub Restaurant & British Market, 2692 N. University Dr., Sunrise. 954-572-5933.
On Our Radar
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade
- Here's your chance to audition for 'La Banda"
- Scott Eastwood talks 'The Longest Ride' from ranch in Davie
- Shaggy talks new single, Brian Williams and state of reggae
- Justin Bieber joins Ariana Grande on stage