Party in the heart of the Cuban exile community every month at Viernes Culturales.
The last Friday of every month Miami residents can get a heavy serving of Cuban culture with a sprinkle of pan-Latin sazon. Viernes Culturales, Miami's long-enduring evening of art gallery openings, live music, cultural shows and domino showdowns, brings together Cuban exiles, tourists, expats from all over Latin American and people whose idea of a good party includes cigars and rum. This Friday's soiree includes an eclectic line up of shows from Brazilian capoeira to Spanish flamenco, dance tutorials and a live show by Latin fusion jam band Lanzallamas Monofonica.
The fun is free and takes place on southwest Eighth Street between 13th and 17th Avenues.
Here is the schedule:
Domino Stage at Domino Plaza, at SW 15th Ave & 8th St.
7 p.m. - Fina Escayola Flamenco
7:30 p.m. - Reinaldo Alvarez
8:30 p.m. - Capoeira Show
8:35 p.m. - Learn to dance
9:00 p.m. - Ruben Dario Super Band
9:30 p.m. - Lanzallamas Monofonica
See and Do
- 7 Spots in Miami Even Locals Don’t Know About
- 5 bike events in Miami during May's National Bike Month
- 7 events in Miami for the budget-conscious - April 29-May 1
- 11 events not to miss in Miami in May 2016
- 11 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 22-24
- What if 'Game of Thrones' were recast with famous Floridians?
- 7 things to do with your kids in the Florida Keys
- 5 Reasons to go to Wynwood Life
- Brickell City Centre Brings Farmers Market to Brickell
- 6 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - April 15-17