Party in the heart of the Cuban exile community every month at Viernes Culturales.
The last Friday of every month Miami residents can get a heavy serving of Cuban culture with a sprinkle of pan-Latin sazon. Viernes Culturales, Miami's long-enduring evening of art gallery openings, live music, cultural shows and domino showdowns, brings together Cuban exiles, tourists, expats from all over Latin American and people whose idea of a good party includes cigars and rum. This Friday's soiree includes an eclectic line up of shows from Brazilian capoeira to Spanish flamenco, dance tutorials and a live show by Latin fusion jam band Lanzallamas Monofonica.
The fun is free and takes place on southwest Eighth Street between 13th and 17th Avenues.
Here is the schedule:
Domino Stage at Domino Plaza, at SW 15th Ave & 8th St.
7 p.m. - Fina Escayola Flamenco
7:30 p.m. - Reinaldo Alvarez
8:30 p.m. - Capoeira Show
8:35 p.m. - Learn to dance
9:00 p.m. - Ruben Dario Super Band
9:30 p.m. - Lanzallamas Monofonica
See and Do
- 15 things to do with the kids Oct 5-11: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Oct. 2-4
- Miami Events - October 2015
- Wizard World Comic Con takes over the Broward Convention Center
- 15 things to do with the kids Sept 28 - Oct 4: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Ultimate guide to luxury seats at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Sept. 25-27
- House of Horrors kicks off this weekend with a concert by Silentó
- Bay Skate rolls back into Bayfront Park with a free skating party
- Broward County celebrates its 100 year anniversary with Neil Goldberg's extravaganza 'WE'