Party in the heart of the Cuban exile community every month at Viernes Culturales.
The last Friday of every month Miami residents can get a heavy serving of Cuban culture with a sprinkle of pan-Latin sazon. Viernes Culturales, Miami's long-enduring evening of art gallery openings, live music, cultural shows and domino showdowns, brings together Cuban exiles, tourists, expats from all over Latin American and people whose idea of a good party includes cigars and rum. This Friday's soiree includes an eclectic line up of shows from Brazilian capoeira to Spanish flamenco, dance tutorials and a live show by Latin fusion jam band Lanzallamas Monofonica.
The fun is free and takes place on southwest Eighth Street between 13th and 17th Avenues.
Here is the schedule:
Domino Stage at Domino Plaza, at SW 15th Ave & 8th St.
7 p.m. - Fina Escayola Flamenco
7:30 p.m. - Reinaldo Alvarez
8:30 p.m. - Capoeira Show
8:35 p.m. - Learn to dance
9:00 p.m. - Ruben Dario Super Band
9:30 p.m. - Lanzallamas Monofonica
See and Do
- Holiday parades, princess parties & a local gift guide: Munchkin Fun's top weekly picks
- Holiday events in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 12-14
- Outré Theatre makes its move to Fort Lauderdale with ‘Othello’
- Cirque du Soleil brings its fem-centric show, 'Amaluna,' to Sun Life Stadium
- Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade floats into Broward this Saturday
- Holiday dance, theater and music favorites to make the season merry
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Princess parties, superheroes & gingerbread houses: Munchkin Fun's Top picks for Dec 8-12
- #HowToMiami - Street Art