Party in the heart of the Cuban exile community every month at Viernes Culturales.
The last Friday of every month Miami residents can get a heavy serving of Cuban culture with a sprinkle of pan-Latin sazon. Viernes Culturales, Miami's long-enduring evening of art gallery openings, live music, cultural shows and domino showdowns, brings together Cuban exiles, tourists, expats from all over Latin American and people whose idea of a good party includes cigars and rum. This Friday's soiree includes an eclectic line up of shows from Brazilian capoeira to Spanish flamenco, dance tutorials and a live show by Latin fusion jam band Lanzallamas Monofonica.
The fun is free and takes place on southwest Eighth Street between 13th and 17th Avenues.
Here is the schedule:
Domino Stage at Domino Plaza, at SW 15th Ave & 8th St.
7 p.m. - Fina Escayola Flamenco
7:30 p.m. - Reinaldo Alvarez
8:30 p.m. - Capoeira Show
8:35 p.m. - Learn to dance
9:00 p.m. - Ruben Dario Super Band
9:30 p.m. - Lanzallamas Monofonica
See and Do
- Miami Events - July 2015
- July 4, Kids Eat Free: Munchkin Fun's top picks June 29 - July 5
- Seven options for a date night in Miami with no time to waste
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 27-29
- Florida Supercon celebrates 10 years of geeking out
- Fourth of July guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Munchkin Fun's top picks for family fun June 22-28
- Carlos Mencia headlines at the Ultimate Miami Comedian at Magic City Casino
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 19-21
- Five things you didn't know about DJ Irie