Party in the heart of the Cuban exile community every month at Viernes Culturales.
The last Friday of every month Miami residents can get a heavy serving of Cuban culture with a sprinkle of pan-Latin sazon. Viernes Culturales, Miami's long-enduring evening of art gallery openings, live music, cultural shows and domino showdowns, brings together Cuban exiles, tourists, expats from all over Latin American and people whose idea of a good party includes cigars and rum. This Friday's soiree includes an eclectic line up of shows from Brazilian capoeira to Spanish flamenco, dance tutorials and a live show by Latin fusion jam band Lanzallamas Monofonica.
The fun is free and takes place on southwest Eighth Street between 13th and 17th Avenues.
Here is the schedule:
Domino Stage at Domino Plaza, at SW 15th Ave & 8th St.
7 p.m. - Fina Escayola Flamenco
7:30 p.m. - Reinaldo Alvarez
8:30 p.m. - Capoeira Show
8:35 p.m. - Learn to dance
9:00 p.m. - Ruben Dario Super Band
9:30 p.m. - Lanzallamas Monofonica
See and Do
- Video: #HowTo Miami Beach
- Easter Eggstravaganzas, Free Yoga & Munchkin Gardening: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 23-29
- Saturday event provides bikers of all levels a safe path in Miami
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 20-22
- Miami Open expands entertainment options with top chefs, models and Olympians
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- St. Patty’s Day Fun, Free Play, Spring Break Prep & Legos: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Mar 16-22
- Photo exhibit at UM Art Gallery explores life on the Texas High Plains
- 13th Annual Orchid Festival arrives this weekend
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - March 13-15