Veritage Miami returns April 9-12
Eat, drink and support the United Way Miami
Eat, drink and support the United Way Miami as Veritage Miami returns April 9-12. Activites run daily, highlights include:
- April 9: Craft beer tasting
The Craft beer tasting will kick off this year’s VeritageMiami at the vibrant Wynwood Walls . The world-renowned murals will serve as a gorgeous back-drop as the crowd samples favorites from local restaurants, like Wynwood Kitchen & Bar, OTC, The Embassy, among others paired with beers and micro-brews from over 100 breweries including local favorites Wynwood Brewing Company, Gravity Brewlab, Michael’s Genuine Home Brew, Miami Brewing Company, among other. VIP tasting from 6-7 p.m., General admission – 7-9 p.m.
- April 10: Walk-around wine tasting at Merrick Park
Thursday’s Fine Wine event will feature more than 350 wines from wineries such as Château D'Esclans, Ferrari-Carano Vineyards and Winery, Santa Carolina, to name a few. Bites will be provided by Miami’s most celebrated restaurants such as Dolce Italian at the Gale Hotel, UVaggio, Pascal’s on Ponce, Truluck’s. VIP tasting from 6-7 p.m., General Admission 7-9 p.m.
- April 11: Interactive dinner
The Interactive Dinner will take place at the InterContinental Miami featuring five of Miami’s most talented chefs - Jose Mendin of The Pubbelly Restaurant Group, Todd Erickson of HaVen South Beach and Huahua’s Taqueria, Giorgio Rapicavoli of Eating House, Cesar Zapata of The Federal Food, Drink & Provisions and Alberto Cabrera of Bread + Butter. Bacardi cocktail reception starts at 6:30 p.m.; Dinner starts at 7:30 p.m.
- April 12: Veritage Miami auction & wine dinner
The closing event, Dinner on the Diamond, takes place at Marlins park at 6:30 p.m., beginning with the “Warm-Up” – a silent auction in the Marlins Park Skyline Terrace. After the reception, guests will take to the field where dinner and the live auction await. After a number of homerun auction items are sold, Kristin Chenoweth will lead the “seventh-inning stretch” – singing some of her most memorable songs and Broadway hits.
- Crust Pizza evolves into Crust Restaurant, opening this month in Miami
- 'Top Chef' alum Spike Mendelsohn to open Sunny's at The Hall hotel in South Beach
- The List: Miami's 10 best bites with chef Diego Oka of La Mar
- Porfirio's closes in South Beach, Señor Frog's opening delayed
- NYC's Sullivan Street Bakery to open in Miami
- The Fed in Miami brings back Crawdaddy Wednesdays
- The List: Miami's best dishes with Katsuya's Jose Icardi
- Contest: Guess the South Florida restaurant, win tickets to Robert Irvine Live
- Pubbelly's Jose Mendin, Niu Kitchen's Deme Lomas named Food & Wine People's Best New Chef nominees
- Where to celebrate Easter Sunday