Venus Williams Book Signing
Venus William signs copies of 'Come to Win', a book that offers inspiration and motivation from the tennis champ and others.
'Come to Win' Book signing
Books & Books, Bal Harbour
9700 Collins Ave., Bal Harbour
Wednesday, September 15 at 7 p.m.
It's easy to dismiss sports stars as simply gifted athletes, but when they go on to be successful in other endeavors, it's obvious that the mental attitude that earned them their trophies is something they apply to other areas of their lives.
Tennis champ Venus Williams is an example of athletic talent that has channeled her winning attitude into the business world with her interior design firm as well as her EleVen line of athletic wear. She explores what motivates, inspires and drives successful people in her book 'Come to Win', which includes interviews with 46 of her colleagues, friends and mentors.
With contributions from a wide range of people who reached the very top of their games —including former CEO and bestselling author Jack Welch, fashion designer Vera Wang, actor Denzel Washington, and former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice — ’Come to Win' is packed with tips from successful people from an array of industries.
Williams will be at Books & Books in Bal Harbour this Wednesday, September 15 signing copies of 'Come to Win' to fans who purchase a their copy at Books & Books that day. The event starts at 7 p.m. but fans can start lining up at 6 p.m.
See and Do
- Coconut Grove Saturday Organic Market
- Yellow Green Farmers Market
- Miami Famers Market Guide
- South Florida Farmers Market Guide
- Poolside movies, American Girl fun, ET & Munchkin Fun's 10 picks for the week
- A Day Trip to the Florida Keys
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Aug. 22-24
- Vizcaya’s Secret Garden restored to its natural splendor
- Stories, school fun & Munchkin Fun's 10 top picks for this week
- Hess Select South Beach Seafood Festival arrives Oct. 22-25 on Miami Beach