Velvet Underground: Two-time Grammy nominated Locos Por Juana play in North Beach, the Taj Mahal in Sunny Isles, and a block party on Miracle Mile in Coral Gables
The North Beach Bandshell presents Locos Por Juana, a Bollywood party at Kitchen 305 at the Newport Beachside Hotel, and a block party benefiting the Miami Chapter of The Buoniconti Fund
La Fiesta Loca
Two-time Grammy nominated Locos Por Juana will perform from 6 to 11 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at the North Beach Bandshell, 7275 Collins Ave. Celebrating their 11th anniversary, the band performs at the "A Day at the Beach Concert Series" as part of their signature La Fiesta Loca Party, which entails party favors, special guests and performances by two of Miami's up-and-coming bands, Bachaco and Uma Galera. DJ collective Pulso Beat Box will spin "multi-culti' grooves throughout the night. Tickets are available at the door for $15 or at brownpapertickets.com/event/535105 for $10 in advance. All ages welcome.
Benefiting The Miami Chapter of The Buoniconti Fund, a big block party from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 18 at 201 Miracle Mile is hardly a pedestrian affair, with craft beer, spirits, food from Hillstone, live entertainment and a live auction. For tickets, $40 in advance, and information go to thebuonicontifund.com.
Goodwill Becomes a Legend
Join pro football legends and Hall of Famers Reidel Anthony, Cornelius Bennett, Ki-Jana Carter, Anthony Muñoz, Bob Griese, OJ McDuffie, Dwight Stephenson, John Randle, Andre Reed, Duane Starks and Jack Youngblood at the Pro Football Legends Classic, Jan. 20 - 22 at the Jacaranda Golf Club, 9200 W. Broward Blvd. The event, benefiting Children’s Diagnostic & Treatment Center, features a casual golf outing on Jan. 21 followed by an evening fundraising reception and dinner cruise aboard the Floridian Princess. There’s a chance for a million dollar hole-in-one shootout, as well as hole-in-one contests for a $15,000 cash prize and a new Mercedes-Benz CLA250. Other prizes include a trip to the 2014 Mercedes-Benz Dealer Championships Eastern Sectional. Tickets can be purchased at profootballclassic.com and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The San Francisco Chronicle called Meklit Hadero "an artistic giant inthe early stages," and lucky for us here in Miami, she will appear on our very own stage when doors open at 9 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 22 at The Stage, 170 NE 38th St. The Ethiopian-born, Yale-educated San Francisco-based singer has been compared to Tracy Chapman, Nina Simone and Joan Armatrading. Her performance, however, will comprise original material in anticipation of her sophomore album release in March. Pre-sale tickets are just $8 at thestagemiami.com. Parked outside on the patio will be the newly permanent "This Is It" food truck. Drink specials will be available as well.
When it comes to Sunny Isles, India isn't what comes to mind, but starting at 10 p.m. Friday, Jan. 17, Kitchen 305 at the Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort, 16701 Collins Ave., will be transformed into the Taj Mahal for a big Bollywood-style bash. There, you'll find Indian food, belly dancers, fire breathers, henna tattoos, Indian art, design and a soundtrack by Ace DJ. The event is free and open to the public, and the first 100 females to walk through the door will eat free from 10 until 11:30 p.m. and drink free from 10 to 11 p.m. To RSVP, call 305-879-5296.
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more
- Velvet Underground: Pirate parties at Patpong Road, Palette Miami Festival in the Upper Eastside, and a benefit for DJ Mark Leventhal at FDR at Delano
- Velvet Underground: the Regent Cocktail Club channels Spain on Mondays, Wonderland serves food with a twist, and plenty of party spots for Super Bowl Sunday
- Velvet Underground: Drink around the world in the Design District, go on a Mystery Date for MOCA, and let a lo-fi folk singer serenade you at the Freehand
- Velvet Underground: Speed bartending competition at Avenue D and a medical marijuana benefit concert at Tobacco Road
- Happy hour at PB Steak, Sunday pool parties at Mayfair Hotel and Bingo at The Standard