Velvet Underground: the Regent Cocktail Club channels Spain on Mondays, Wonderland serves food with a twist, and plenty of party spots for Super Bowl Sunday
Barcelona Nights starts tonight at the Regent Cocktail Club, late-night churrasco, and a football paradise at Hyde Beach
It's always fun to pretend to be anywhere but where you actually are, which is why the Regent Cocktail Club at the Gale, 1685 James Ave., has decided to take a Catalonian turn with Barcelona Nights, from 10 p.m. to midnight every Monday. In addition to Spanish-inspired cocktail specials, there's live music by guitar playing duo, The Fox Brothers. Affected Catalonian accent not required.
Meat and Beat
The first thing you think of when it comes to Wonderland Miami Gentleman's Club at 7778 Biscayne Blvd. is the churrasco, right? No, really. Some--not just your husbands and boyfriends-- say it's better there than most of Miami's Latin restaurants and for just under $19, it's a steal--and well, enough about that. Starting at 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, Wonderland is showing the live Pay-per-View UFC 168 Match. And yep, the ladies of Wonderland will host. But back to the food. "The place has a full menu... and I mean FULL," says our wonder spy, adding, "it also happens to be known as Miami's classiest strip club where there's often more women in there than men." And how 'bout that churrasco? To RSVP for a table, call 305-631-2564.
Seattle, Denver, what difference does it make as long as you have a fun Super Bowl party to go to? Under that category is the one starting at noon Sunday, Feb. 2 at Hyde Beach at the SLS Hotel South Beach, 1701 Collins Ave., which for one day only will turn into "a football paradise," with two jumbo screens, drink specials and a BBQ menu. Spinning before kick off are DJs Danny Stern and Lady Sha. Hyde's servers will do something novel and dress as cheerleaders. There are also some 'touchdown' table packages including bottle service and food, which may or may not be as costly as a ticket to Jersey and a seat at the game. To inquire, go to hydebeach.com.
Brother Jimmy's is also having a big bash, starting at 4 p.m. where the courtyard will be transformed into a Super Bowl Sunday Tailgate with appearances by models doing calendar signings, live bands, DJs, 30 HDTVs, food and drink. Same goes for Monty's Sunset, 300 Alton Rd., whose Bowl party starts at 2 p.m. and features two inflatable projection screens, live bands, drink specials and free rides to the party on Monty's golf carts trolling the beach for party people.
Who's On First?
Pearl Champagne Lounge, 1 Ocean Dr., has a new Saturday night party with a name that would make any narcissist or egomaniac feel as if it's about them. Who's Who takes place at 11 p.m. weekly and features a mix of hip hop and open format by DJ Demetrius and DJ Don Hot along with, we kid you not, live animals. Dress code will be strictly enforced, too. We suggest animal prints to blend in, but then again, at a party called Who's Who, you may want to stand out. Tickets are $30. For table reservations, call 954-632-6508.
- Rok Brgr Block Party, Beverly Hills Cafe 2.0, Pisco Hour, Dive-In Movies
- Karaoke @ the Delano, Big Easy at Tongue & Cheek, Sweat Records a go go, SPF at Nikki Beach & Pink Floyd in Wynwood
- Sunset Swim, Bacchanal at Bagatelle, see J Alvarez for free, beer & clay at the Wolfsonian & free Wapo Tacos!
- Freedom's just another word for an excuse to booze, plus a dinner and drag show!
- Chocolate orgies, apres happy hours, Sunday suppers and late night brunches
- National Martini Day, Nag Champayons at Bardot, Sappho does SoBe plus Sugar Factory & Libertine open
- Jazid celebrates 19 years, get literary with Judy Blume, Hyde Beach blacks out, PARK at LILT
- Bodega, Brandt's Break, Baboons and Audrina Patridge bring on the scene
- An art heist, karaoke night, night swimming, Space Jamming & World Red Eye's big 05
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests