Velvet Underground: the Regent Cocktail Club channels Spain on Mondays, Wonderland serves food with a twist, and plenty of party spots for Super Bowl Sunday
Barcelona Nights starts tonight at the Regent Cocktail Club, late-night churrasco, and a football paradise at Hyde Beach
It's always fun to pretend to be anywhere but where you actually are, which is why the Regent Cocktail Club at the Gale, 1685 James Ave., has decided to take a Catalonian turn with Barcelona Nights, from 10 p.m. to midnight every Monday. In addition to Spanish-inspired cocktail specials, there's live music by guitar playing duo, The Fox Brothers. Affected Catalonian accent not required.
Meat and Beat
The first thing you think of when it comes to Wonderland Miami Gentleman's Club at 7778 Biscayne Blvd. is the churrasco, right? No, really. Some--not just your husbands and boyfriends-- say it's better there than most of Miami's Latin restaurants and for just under $19, it's a steal--and well, enough about that. Starting at 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 1, Wonderland is showing the live Pay-per-View UFC 168 Match. And yep, the ladies of Wonderland will host. But back to the food. "The place has a full menu... and I mean FULL," says our wonder spy, adding, "it also happens to be known as Miami's classiest strip club where there's often more women in there than men." And how 'bout that churrasco? To RSVP for a table, call 305-631-2564.
Seattle, Denver, what difference does it make as long as you have a fun Super Bowl party to go to? Under that category is the one starting at noon Sunday, Feb. 2 at Hyde Beach at the SLS Hotel South Beach, 1701 Collins Ave., which for one day only will turn into "a football paradise," with two jumbo screens, drink specials and a BBQ menu. Spinning before kick off are DJs Danny Stern and Lady Sha. Hyde's servers will do something novel and dress as cheerleaders. There are also some 'touchdown' table packages including bottle service and food, which may or may not be as costly as a ticket to Jersey and a seat at the game. To inquire, go to hydebeach.com.
Brother Jimmy's is also having a big bash, starting at 4 p.m. where the courtyard will be transformed into a Super Bowl Sunday Tailgate with appearances by models doing calendar signings, live bands, DJs, 30 HDTVs, food and drink. Same goes for Monty's Sunset, 300 Alton Rd., whose Bowl party starts at 2 p.m. and features two inflatable projection screens, live bands, drink specials and free rides to the party on Monty's golf carts trolling the beach for party people.
Who's On First?
Pearl Champagne Lounge, 1 Ocean Dr., has a new Saturday night party with a name that would make any narcissist or egomaniac feel as if it's about them. Who's Who takes place at 11 p.m. weekly and features a mix of hip hop and open format by DJ Demetrius and DJ Don Hot along with, we kid you not, live animals. Dress code will be strictly enforced, too. We suggest animal prints to blend in, but then again, at a party called Who's Who, you may want to stand out. Tickets are $30. For table reservations, call 954-632-6508.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more