Live band karaoke at The Stage, DJ Tracy Young, Black Lights and White Lingerie
Velvet Underground: Live band karaoke at The Stage, WTF at Alba and DJ Tracy Young and Black Lights and White Lingerie.
So You Think You Can Sing?
Karaoke is fun, but it's for amateurs. For those who think they can really sing, The Stage, 170 NE 38th St., is presenting an opportunity to channel your inner rock star with its new Tuesday night Live Band Karaoke. Starting at 8 p.m., aspiring crooners, metal heads, rappers, rockers and squealers can pick a tune and belt it out on stage with a full band covering--er, backing you. Imagine that! To entice wary audience members and soothe the nerves of the, er, entertainment, there's also $3 shots, $4 Yuengling and $5 martinis just in case. On a similar musical note, South Beach karaoke hot spot Jelsomino launches a new Friday night party at 10 p.m. featuring DJ John Cash and Ollie Sanders as well as sushi and sweet stuff by chef Mario Roca.
Chef Ralph Pagano's new Thursday dinner party at the newly launched Alba, 17315 Collins Ave., is an homage to a few of his favorite things--wine, travel and food, also known as WTF. From 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. every Thursday, Pagano will offer a $35 per person tasting menu including pasta, fish and meat. The WTF here is that he will keep feeding you until you tell him to stop. For an extra $15, you can add on nonstop wines by the glass. But that's not all. Pagano is also offering The Vinny D Split: at the end of the meal and before the check is presented, a bingo wheel is brought to the table. Pick a number and spin. If the first ball pulled matches the number picked, the entire dinner is on the house. WTF indeed!
She is Young
Although famous Miami DJ Tracy Young fled the sandbox for the big city, she hasn't forgotten her roots. Proving that there's no place like home, Young and DJ Kid Madonny will spin at Mokai, 235 23rd St., on Sunday, February 17. Doors open at 10 p.m. and tickets are $15 at wantickets.com.
Black is the New Light
Although many Miami females tend to lean on the less is more side of dressing even if it's not necessarily the case, for once at least, they will be rewarded for their, er, candor, when Grand Central (697 N Miami Ave.), Electric Love and Poplife present Black Lights and White Lingerie at 10 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16. The laser/black light party offers half off admission to women in skimpy white boudoir-wear. There's even a $100 Victoria's Secret prize for those deemed the sexiest. Tickets are $20 in advance at ticketfly.com
At 8 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 16, Miami restaurateur and wine maker Alejandro Ferllen (Segafredo, Brickell Irish Pub) launches the Ferllen Winery Special Edition Art Series with a fundraiser at the Lenny Kravitz /Arquitectonica designed Paramount Bay (2020 North Bayshore Dr.). The $50 per person ticket, from which 100 percent will go to supplement the Amigos Near Foundation's philanthropic efforts in Haiti, will get you booze, food and more booze. Oh, and a gold star for doing something that benefits someone other than yourself. For tickets go to www.amigosnear.org.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more
- Velvet Underground: Pirate parties at Patpong Road, Palette Miami Festival in the Upper Eastside, and a benefit for DJ Mark Leventhal at FDR at Delano