Gerry Kelly's annual bash, Full Moon party and an underground jam at Culture Room
Gerry Kelly's annual bash, Full Moon party and an underground jam at Culture Room.
Rock 'n' Rank
If it seems as if everyone you encounter thinks they're either rock stars or royalty. You may be right, at least starting at 10 p.m. Saturday, June 22, when nightlife veteran Gerry Kelly throws his annual, bombastic birthday bash, this time at the Newport Beachside Resort & Hotel, 16701 Collins Ave. This year's theme? Rockstars and Royalty. The party starts with cocktails and hors d'oeuvres and continues with music, performances and dancing. Also making appearances: Casamigos Tequila--also known as the George Clooney tequila and a royal cake by Carolina Montoya and Luis Fernando Puga. DJ RetroKidd and DJ LaTrice will spin. For those looking to start a bit early, Kitchen 305 has a special surf and turf dinner starting at 7 p.m. for $35 per person. For reservations call 305-749-2110.
Above Ground Cool
Members of the underground jam community and live-electronic scene will coverge at 8 p.m. Friday, June 21 at the Culture Room, 305 N. Federal Highway, when the band Papadosio joins "low-endie rock" band Stokeswood as part of the AURA Music & Arts Festival Concert Series. The show is part of Papadosio's T.E.T.I.O.S. (to End the Illusion of Separation) summer tour and will, says a fellow undergrounder, "showcase improvisational interludes and refreshing vocal harmonies with an amplified message of transcendence, unity and universal understanding." Groovy. Tickets are $15 in advance and $20 at the door. The show is 18 and over. For more information, go to www.cultureroom.net.
Free Cocktails Alert!
In celebration of its new seafood driven summer menu, Florida Cookery at The James Royal Palm, 1545 Collins Ave., is throwing a party from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday, June 21 on its newly opened patio. Guests who RSVP to FloridaCookery@taraink.com will get free signature cocktails and samples from the new menu.
Once in a Full Moon
Downtown Miami is a trippy place no matter how big or small the moon may be, but at 9 p.m. Saturday, June 22, it will be the trippiest as the downtown Full Moon party at LMNT, 55 NW 36th St., ends its season with live music sets by Juke and Cosmo Clectic as well as assorted drumming, fire performances and other loony lunar distractions. Party goes until 4 a.m. and is $5 before 10 p.m., $10 before midnight and $15 after midnight. There’s free admission before 11 p.m. for all drummers, musicians and performers “with proper instruments and spinning props/gears.”
- Naughty By Nature at LIV, Fashion on Film at Bal Harbour, The Art of Rum and Spam
- Happy hours, Pink Floyd yoga, Trick Daddy, jazz & Nu Deco
- Miami Heat after party, EPIC new happy hours, Life in Color & Wine & Reggae in Wynwood
- Ballers: National YoungArts, The Big Lebowski, Digweed & more!
- The same auld lang syne: New Year's Day pool parties, bowl game boozing & National YoungArts Week
- That's so 2015: Velvet Underground does New Year's Eve
- Matzo Balling, High End Hookahs, Electric Piquete at Woody's & the Weeknd's After Party
- Justin Bieber's surprise visit--and performance--at Wall
- Art, music, booze, cartoons & sado masochism! It's not Art Basel anymore, it's just good ol' Miami
- A new nightclub, happy hour and Art Basel events you can actually get into