Absolut pool party, Wine Down Wednesdays and Canine Culture
Absolut pool party, Wine Down Wednesdays and Canine Culture and other events in Miami.
It’s hot as summer out there already and without missing a beat, the Mondrian South Beach (1100 West Ave.) kicks off a series of pool parties from 3 p.m. to 5p.m. starting Saturday, April 27 and continuing through Saturday, June 8 in conjunction with requisite liquor sponsor, Absolut Tune. High rollers can buy bottles of the stuff at $100 each or just specialty cocktails at $14 and pitchers at $65. Speaking of tunes, if you can’t get enough, head back on Sundays when DJs Reid Waters and Iron Lyon spin until sundown. Both parties are open to the public but are not quite free: a $50 food and beverage minimum for non-hotel guests is, uh, absolute.
As much as we take slight issue with the name of Nikki Beach Lifestyle’s What Women Want fashion series (it’s a loaded statement), for those women who want a fashion show and free glass of champagne at 7 p.m., Saturday, April 27, head to Nikki Beach Club, 1 Ocean Dr. There, you’ll see the Spring/Summer 2013 collection by Peace Love World, a label that describes itself as “more than just a symbol on a shirt; it is a way of life.” The positively affirming threads has a big celebrity following—something, proven by the existence of the Kardashian line at Sears, that some women indeed do want when it comes to their clothing. Space is limited, so rsvp to www.nikkibeachmiami.com/whatwomenwant.
Since Hoda and Kathie Lee made Wednesdays an official wino’s holiday, why not join in the celebration from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at Terrazza at the Shore Club, 1901 Collins Ave., for Wine Down Wednesdays, a three-course dinner party featuring a selection of half priced wines? The menu offers some tasty choices and is priced at $30. After dinner, continue the boozing at the Skybar with two for one specialty cocktails. Hung over on Thursday? No worries. The weekend is near.
Play On, Playoffs
With nine million games scheduled, the NBA playoffs is the perfect excuse to party and HaVen Gastro-Lounge (1237 Lincoln Rd.) has seized the opportunity to host a playoff viewing party series, screening each and every single Miami Heat playoff game in HD on its 100-floot wraparound video walls. If seeing LeBron and co. tower over you isn’t trippy enough, the Lincoln Road haute spot will have specially priced cocktails at $10 and $5 small plates, leaving you enough left over to bet the rest of your bank on the fact that your team, whichever it is, will most definitely win.
Dog owners are like Harley riders--they stick together and have special hand signals when they're in public with their furry companions. Well, not really, but from 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Thursday, May 2, the Humane Society of Greater Miami is throwing Culture Your Canine, a shopping event at 4217 and 4213 Ponce de Leon Blvd. in which you and your well behaved, vaccinated and leashed dogs are welcomed. There'll be music, drinks and food. A $15 cpover and 15% of sales made that night will benefit the organization. Nothing to bark at there. To RSVP, email RSVP@Fineline.us or pre register at www.humanesocietymiami.org.
- Oculto Manor takes over Soho, sunset cocktails at Seaspice, O, Miami circa 1981 & assorted earthiness
- Rum Running on South Beach, Galaxy Gala, and Philanthropic Eating, lots of it
- Miss Coco Peru at Cabaret, Spring Fling at 1111, db Bistro happenings, early bird boozing at Katsuya
- Reflections from Miami Beach Nightlife Pioneers
- Winter Music madness, movies, and a selfless schlep for shoes!
- Cocktail cure-alls, Spam Allstars @ 20, boozy benefits & shopportunities, cocktail classes & fashion shows
- Hearts & Stars, 'glades with PAMM, Baboons & Spam on The Stage & Broadway Cares at Sagamore
- Santana at Trump, Purim, a Wall Brawl in Wynwood and the Shelley Novak Awards!
- FDR & Electric Pickle Anniversary Bashes, Battioke, Rolling Loud & Fools' Paradise at Churchill's
- French house, condo cinema, food, drink and fests!