Broken Shaker Off-Duty Night, Wynwood Art Walk shuttle and Fat Tuesday
Broken Shaker hosts Monday Off-Duty Night, Wynwood Art Walk shuttle launches and Paladar hosts Fat Tuesday celebration.
Should you find yourself at hipster hostelier The Freehand (2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach ) around 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, consider hopping on the shuttle it has launched over to the Wynwood Art Walk. Leaving at 7 p.m., the shuttle will return to The Freehand at 10:30 p.m., just in time for participants to express themselves in the art of the party. Cost is $15 per person and space is limited to a first come, first served basis.
If It Ain't Broken
Whatever you call people who mix drinks---mixologist, bartender, your personal assistant, yourself--not all are created equally, especially when it comes to tips. To show its appreciation for the art of the mixer, the Broken Shaker (2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach) has introduced a new Monday Off-Duty Night where, from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. they will sample free cocktails from a different liquor sponsor and made by a featured bartender that may or may not be you.
Just because it's not remotely Cajun or French doesn't mean Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar at the Village at Gulfstream Park (801 Silks Run, Suite 1580, Hallandale Beach) can't celebrate Fat Tuesday. From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, the restaurant will celebrate Mardi Gras with performances by Tairon Aguilera & Florida Latin Beat Band. They're also offering half priced signature mojitos and beads. Can't forget the beads.
That's How They Roll
RA Sushi in South Miami (829 SW 73rd St #4,South Miami) hosts “Foodies Show Heart,” a charity cooking competition from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13 featuring some local food writers including Miami Herald's own Lydia Martin and Linda Gassenheimer as well as some food bloggers battling each other in the name of charity. Using one secret seasonal ingredient, the contestants will be paired with a RA Sushi chef to create and name their signature roll. The public will serve as the judging panel during the celebration, with each attendee receiving one token to vote on the best sushi roll. The champion’s dish will be added to RA Sushi in South Miami’s menu for 30 days, and a portion of proceeds from the sale of that item will benefit the creator’s charity of choice. The event is free and open to the public by RSVP to FoodiesShowHeart@taraink.com.
- Sonic sparring, neo disco, late night lushery & Phish mongering
- Beets, Chanukah, Christmas & Festivus for the Rest of Us
- A Mad Zoo at Grand Central, Wunderbar!, Kooky Cosplay, and Chanukah Yachting
- The music, the madness and the art of the party
- Death & Co alive & well in Miami, art before Basel, bargain beach club, Brazilian nights & pool pop-up
- Rock legends, beer, booze, an 80s prom & Greased Lightning, Charlie Brown
- Wynwood Art Auction, P.I.G. & funk 'n' jazz
- Sidebar opens in Little Havana, A Night in Monte Carlo (in Coral Gables), "Bette Midler" at the Cabaret and Full Mooning in Wynwood
- Beatniks, Art, Disco, More Disco and Strippers - it's not just Halloween, it's Miami!
- Last call at Tobacco Road, free culture @ YoungArts, Pitbull & Enrique after party