Broken Shaker Off-Duty Night, Wynwood Art Walk shuttle and Fat Tuesday
Broken Shaker hosts Monday Off-Duty Night, Wynwood Art Walk shuttle launches and Paladar hosts Fat Tuesday celebration.
Should you find yourself at hipster hostelier The Freehand (2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach ) around 7 p.m. Saturday, Feb. 9, consider hopping on the shuttle it has launched over to the Wynwood Art Walk. Leaving at 7 p.m., the shuttle will return to The Freehand at 10:30 p.m., just in time for participants to express themselves in the art of the party. Cost is $15 per person and space is limited to a first come, first served basis.
If It Ain't Broken
Whatever you call people who mix drinks---mixologist, bartender, your personal assistant, yourself--not all are created equally, especially when it comes to tips. To show its appreciation for the art of the mixer, the Broken Shaker (2727 Indian Creek Dr., Miami Beach) has introduced a new Monday Off-Duty Night where, from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. they will sample free cocktails from a different liquor sponsor and made by a featured bartender that may or may not be you.
Just because it's not remotely Cajun or French doesn't mean Paladar Latin Kitchen & Rum Bar at the Village at Gulfstream Park (801 Silks Run, Suite 1580, Hallandale Beach) can't celebrate Fat Tuesday. From 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 12, the restaurant will celebrate Mardi Gras with performances by Tairon Aguilera & Florida Latin Beat Band. They're also offering half priced signature mojitos and beads. Can't forget the beads.
That's How They Roll
RA Sushi in South Miami (829 SW 73rd St #4,South Miami) hosts “Foodies Show Heart,” a charity cooking competition from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Feb. 13 featuring some local food writers including Miami Herald's own Lydia Martin and Linda Gassenheimer as well as some food bloggers battling each other in the name of charity. Using one secret seasonal ingredient, the contestants will be paired with a RA Sushi chef to create and name their signature roll. The public will serve as the judging panel during the celebration, with each attendee receiving one token to vote on the best sushi roll. The champion’s dish will be added to RA Sushi in South Miami’s menu for 30 days, and a portion of proceeds from the sale of that item will benefit the creator’s charity of choice. The event is free and open to the public by RSVP to FoodiesShowHeart@taraink.com.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more
- Velvet Underground: Pirate parties at Patpong Road, Palette Miami Festival in the Upper Eastside, and a benefit for DJ Mark Leventhal at FDR at Delano